As Head of Content Marketing at AKQA you will have a leading role on all social and content matters. You will cultivate commercial opportunities with regards to social and content-focused pitch work, campaigns, integration and on-going activations.
This role calls for a self-starter with a hands-on approach, passionate about the ever-changing world of social media, with significant experience in overseeing the development and implementation of content strategies on a local and global scale.
You will be in charge of guiding AKQA Italy’s content marketing team, inspiring them to maximize the potential of content, media and influencer marketing programs across digital and social channels. You will work to develop our clients’ presence and resonance across existing and new platforms, defining content strategies that boost the overall business and brand results.
Working from our informal and bright offices in Milan, you will coordinate the work and the team across our studios in Italy (Milan, Venice, Florence, Rome) and partner with the leadership team to shape and guide the vision of the agency, with particular reference to how social and content can bring results in existing projects, incoming briefs and new business.
- Full understanding of the social ecosystem and the role of content to address the customer needs across digital brand touchpoints.
- Proven thought leadership within the social and content field – blogs, articles, quotes, interviews etc
- Knowledge and understanding of paid media strategies, their dynamics and their role in building up and amplifying activities across social and digital channels.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong, senior relationships with client and partner stakeholders.
- Experience in supporting and overseeing a team, acting both as a manager and a mentor.
- Ability to understand social metrics and to provide robust and detailed reasoning behind all decisions
- Ability to define content marketing KPIs and coordinate analysis and monitoring of project impact.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 7-10 years of relevant content and digital marketing experience (agency experience is a plus)
- Demonstrated expertise in content marketing, social media programs, digital marketing, and industry trends.
- Excellent communication and client management skills
- Strong presenter with ability to generate excitement amongst clients, partners and team
- Strong analytical skills set and ability to translate data to content marketing results
- Comfortable and effective when working with international stakeholders
- Professional proficiency in both English and Italian
AKQA is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.