At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As a Research Director at AKQA, you will work with the Executive UX Director and GM of Data Science to define, develop and manage a best-in-class Research practice – providing deep insights to guide development of the most innovative work in the world. This is a client-facing role requiring effective communication of process and findings.
- Drive continued growth of our Research practice across the studio, supporting existing and new business.
- Own and manage all stages of research from client briefing, proposal writing and conducting research to presenting results.
- Drive the growth of our Research Lab, leveraging new tools to measure and improve user experience.
- Develop and deliver a set of easily understood and repeatable research packages.
- Nurture and grow a team of dedicated Researchers.
- Identify needs and opportunities across the business.
- Sell in relevant tools and services and contribute to revenue generation.
- Proactively support new business opportunities.
- Promote and develop the role of Research across accounts within the studio.
- Work collaboratively with our Data Science and Analytics team to develop compelling insights.
- Conduct and direct the execution of independent research into multiple aspects of user experience in a variety of scenarios.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of all areas of research, including design, market, and quantitative research.
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design across a range of research methodologies and techniques.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each phase of design.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure with an objective-focused and positive approach; self-motivated and comfortable working independently.
- Possesses a strong customer service ethos, a commitment to quality and the will to constantly drive improvements. Committed to high standards of excellence and integrity.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Visual Designer
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Senior Product Designer
Enigma, New York, NY
Senior Bra Designer
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
IDEO.org, Nairobi, New York, OR San Francisco
UX Design Intern
Qualtrics , Seattle, WA