At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
Art Directors play essential roles in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. They bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user.
Art Directors at AKQA approach every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, the Senior Art Director generates useful, usable ideas across all existing and emerging platforms. Senior Art Directors create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable.
Based in the heart of the SOMA district, the epicenter of the Bay Area’s technology industry. Our San Francisco studio offers staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive services. We build experiences and applications that capture the imagination and deliver proven business results for our clients, including Facebook, PayPal, Uber, The Clorox Company, IBM, Levi’s and more.
Our San Francisco studio is uniquely diverse in its resident skillsets enabling employees to solve across the full spectrum of experience solutions. Ranging from strategy, creative and development through to programmatic media, integrated paid search, social marketing and predictive analytics.
- Implement a combination of strategic, conceptual and art direction skills
- Inspire and embrace challenges and new ways of thinking
- Create and manage original, persuasive, conceptually compelling work for campaigns, content and experiences
- Collaborate with the client and various teams within AKQA
- Contribute to thought leadership activities and stimulate professional development and inspiration within the team
- 7+ years of experience
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have an award winning portfolio of digital work that demonstrates high quality art direction, storytelling and a clean, contemporary design aesthetic within a variety of campaigns and projects for website launches, site redesigns, email marketing, mobile experiences, and digital product launches
- You have a breadth of cultural reference points
- You have a drive to break boundaries and craft the best ideas in the world of their kind
- You are fearless, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail
Please note: No visa transfers or visa sponsorships will be offered at this time. Candidates for this role must be able to work West Coast hours and be willing to work onsite with the team, when we return to the office.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
The social news and entertainment company.