At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
AKQA San Francisco is seeking a Client Accountant to manage the client billing process in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment. The successful candidate will own the job creation process – following company policies and guidelines, monitor and report on variances to project budgets and interact with Account leads regarding various ad-hoc financial matters. The individual will also understand and enforce compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
We are looking for candidates who have at least two years of client accounting experience, with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and effectively utilize their time. The ideal candidate is organized, takes initiative, has great follow through, is a detail-oriented self-starter and possesses superior communication skills. This position has a lot of room for growth and we’d like someone who carries the ambition and drive to achieve their potential here.
Based in the heart of the SOMA district, the epicenter of the Bay Area’s technology industry. Our San Francisco studio offers staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive services. We build experiences and applications that capture the imagination and deliver proven business results for our clients, including Facebook, PayPal, Uber, The Clorox Company, IBM, Levi’s and more.
Our San Francisco studio is uniquely diverse in its resident skillsets enabling employees to solve across the full spectrum of experience solutions. Ranging from strategy, creative and development through to programmatic media, integrated paid search, social marketing and predictive analytics.
- Work with the Account teams to determine and schedule billings based on signed contracts
- Accurately document client finance and account information
- Review & Invoice out-of-pocket and vendor costs with supporting documentation in compliance with client T&T guidelines
- Provide tracking reports consisting of current and cumulative spending with comparison to budget allowance
- Run and review A/R and other aging schedules on a weekly basis to ensure timely follow-up and settlement
- Perform weekly auditing of project jobs and provide guidance to Account/Project teams based on accounting principles and procedures
- Approve labor and OOPs budgets based client-approved contracts
- Monitor status on invoice collections
- Identify opportunities to improve financial performance of business
- Run revenue based on month-end meetings led by the Client Finance Manager
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 2+ years accounting/finance experience; Bachelor’s Degree or CPA a plus, but not required
- Strong organization and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills - both oral and written
- Ability to build effective working relationships with employees at all levels
- Familiarity with billing/accounting systems
- Advanced Excel skills
- Awareness of internal accounting controls and/or SOX compliance
- Background in a professional services environment is preferred
Please note: We are looking for someone on a temp-to-perm basis.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
Using digital technology to transform the physical world