At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients. Designers play essential roles in the execution of beautiful ideas, products and services. They bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering from brief to end user.
Based on the Georgetown Waterfront, our Washington DC studio creates breakthrough products and services for a diverse range of clients.
Recognized for outstanding work by Cannes, Apple and the Clio Awards, we deliver on our client’s most challenging briefs. This includes the future of retail, global entertainment launches and piloting digital products and services that reshape customer experiences.
We are proud of our industry defying retention rate, with both employees and clients alike. Over 20% of our employees have been with us for ten or more years. Our collaborative teams work across strategy, creative, analytics, and technology.
- Implement a combination of strategic, conceptual and design skills
- Collaborate with the client and various teams within AKQA
- Supports senior-level designers by implementing primary design direction and incorporating the best design and technology practices to provide cohesive support of overall creative strategies
- Develop a professional, articulate, and mature presence in all aspects of team and client relationship-building
- Proactively research and pursues ideas for professional development
- Demonstrates competent execution of innovative and effective digital communications and interface design across different digital platforms; proficient in the most up-to-date design programs
- Capable of playing an active role in brainstorming and idea generation with senior members of the creative department to conceptualize world-class, innovative ideas that deliver successful solutions
- Clearly communicates ideas and thoughts
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a compelling and excellent portfolio
- At least two years of experience in graphic design, preferably with focus in digital product and service design
- Exceptional design aesthetic, variations on styles and awareness of design trends and innovation
- Understands the technical possibilities and limitations of web development
- Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Strong typography skills
- Proficiency with Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and other design programs
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.