At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Experience Designers at AKQA apply empathy, systems thinking, and craftsmanship to strategic insights — designing groundbreaking solutions to human problems. Adept storytellers and fearless innovators, they create interactive experiences, products and services that move the world.
Our Experience Designers are endlessly curious, and obsessed with consumer behaviour and psychology. They demonstrate leadership across client projects to inform the intersection between human, technology and business needs to deliver ongoing customer and business value. They draw together client, business and customer/end-user requirements, within an understanding of the technical delivery environment, to develop a blueprint for the solution. They are the user-centered glue that binds together business, creative, and technology into a harmonious collaboration—facilitating design workshops, working with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver award-winning, impactful work.
The Experience Designer plays an essential role in the growth of the Experience Design & Strategy department. Located in Paris, France, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- A compelling portfolio of outstanding work across different platforms that has created a real-world impact
- Demonstrated ability to lead senior business stakeholders to understand UX/UI/CX strategy and making decisions that strengthen their business
- Has defined, facilitated, and overseen design processes across different streams of work, from research and workshops to handover and user stories
- Mastery with design and prototyping software such as Figma, Sketch, etc
- Leading one or more multi-disciplinary teams to ensure product vision and strategy is developed into a continuously improving, world-class outcome
- Excellent ownership of developing services, experiences, products and platforms to their full lifecycle potential.
- Understanding and executing core CX deliverables from user research to strategy to design (personas, user journeys, ecosystem maps, prototypes, service blueprints)
- Able to develop solutions for a wide variety of touchpoints, platforms and devices including mobile, web, kiosk, social, physical, etc.
- Promotes collaborative work practices with teams and clients, and identifies opportunities to improve quality and increase efficiency through collaborative design.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior members of the Experience Design team and ensure the team has a high level of morale
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- A minimum five years’ experience designing stand-out digital products and services from strategy to concept to delivery
- Exceptional visual, verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English with a strong command of the language.
- A compelling portfolio of unique work that spans touchpoints (mobile, app, service design...) and demonstrates the ability to develop simple & elegant design solutions to complex problems
- Wide breadth of experience in your portfolio demonstrating skills across Research, Strategy, IA, Design and Testing. Experience with ethnographic research, ecosystem design, information architecture, and user testing and experience with innovation processes including Design Thinking workshops, Google Design Sprints, Business Model and/or Value Proposition canvas.
- Experience in guiding and mentoring other UX practitioners on your team, even if they are outside of your direct area of expertise
- Expertise in understanding digital behaviors, cultural expectations and social networking (preferred experience with Asian markets, luxury or beauty & wellness)
- Curious, passionate and boundlessly creative in expressing a unique brand proposition through UX/UI, with relentless attention to detail
- Up to date with new techniques and trends in UX/UI, tech, and business. Passionate, driven and obsessed about your craft and stay on top of best practice in your field.
- A “can-do” attitude and approach to collaboration and leadership, embracing challenges and inspiring new ways of thinking
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!