Purpose of Role-
The Management Accountant is responsible for completeness and accuracy of monthly management accounts for AKQA’s London and Sweden offices. As a business partnering role this position requires strong technical abilities and operational awareness.
This role also requires a high level of flexibility for taking on other tasks and a willingness to get involved in varied day-to-day issues as they arise.
- Preparation of the monthly Income Statement and Balance Sheet including commentary on all material variances.
- Prepare and process month end journals/reclassifications.
- Perform reconciliations from the general ledger to the management accounts.
- Submit all WPP group reporting submissions using ERP software (SAP BFC/Cartesis) and meet deadlines.
- Oversee inter-company reconciliations with International offices, as well as requesting IC invoices to be raised.
- Approve coding for all invoices.
- Set up and maintain new Beneficiaries in both the Barclays Banking System & Financial System (MAS/Sage500).
- Advanced reconciliations.
- Perform bank reconciliations in multiple currencies.
- Be a point of contact during internal and external audits.
- Assist with the budget and quarterly forecasts and help input into SAP BFC.
- Assist with the preparation of the Statutory Annual Accounts.
- Maintenance of GL codes and BFC mapping.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
Skills and experience required:
- CIMA / ACCA Part Qualified
- Strong excel skills, Experience of Sage 500 and BFC/Cartesis, preferable but not essential
- Professional excellence: advanced written and verbal communication skills; strong attention to detail; high level of numeracy.
- Proven planning and organisation skills, able to prioritise high volume workload.
- Teamwork: proactively provide assistance to teammates outside of regular day-to-day responsibilities.
- Time management: ability to assess, evaluate and prioritise tasks to ensure completion within given time frames.
- Presentation skills - ability to contribute to and deliver considered concise and relevant presentations to colleagues and clients.
- Complex data problem solving - simplification of complex problems into more basic elements, and resolution thereof; irregular problems; large data-sets; use of advanced data analysis techniques.
- Experience of marketing communications industry.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA's ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.