At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Strategists at AKQA are curious thinkers who investigate, understand, simplify and inspire to create a better future.
They see beyond the immediate problem or question at hand, digging deeper to find patterns and insights in the chaos, and are comfortable with the nebulous. In this role, the Senior Strategist will partner with a cross-disciplinary team to represent audience understanding and needs through the experience design process for a digital product or service. Day-to-day, this could look like leading a client stakeholder interview; identifying knowledge gaps and proposing, then conducting, the appropriate primary or secondary research to close them; creating audience personas; drafting a service blueprint for a specific journey; sizing and prioritizing client opportunities; or participating in co-creation or review sessions with other team members. Across activities, they will work closely with strategic lead on the work and an integrated project team to formulate and deliver smart, tailored, evidence-based and action-oriented perspectives and frameworks that can serve our clients’ needs.
Based in Midtown Atlanta, our collaborative teams work across a broad range of clients in strategy, analytics, product management, content, design, user experience and technology, with a core focus in the creation of digital products and services.
- Understand how consumer expectations and behaviors intersect with business and brand priorities, identifying compelling experiences that sit at the intersection of the two to drive target outcomes
- Consume large quantities of research and data – behavioral, consumer, industry and academic – to inform strategic perspectives, simplifying the complexity to arrive at intention and direction
- Be comfortable generating insights and ideas on your own but be equally excited to roll up your sleeves and get the work done with a multidisciplinary team
- Translate strategic recommendations into actionable ideas and easily usable frameworks and toolkits, with a sense of the organizational shifts required
- Clear, persuasive, and inspiring communication –both written and spoken– of strategic recommendations to internal and external teams, across a varying levels of familiarity
- Take responsibility for on-time deliverables and expertly crafted perspectives
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a love of challenges and a drive to inspire new ways of thinking
- You are comfortable existing in ambiguity and can help a team keep its footing even when the sands feel as though they are shifting
- You are undaunted by the unknown – in fact, it makes you curious to dig deeper
- You have a demonstrated ability to understand the dynamics of a client’s business
- You have an affinity for the end user or consumer, whomever that may be
- You have demonstrated phenomenal communication skills and the ability to partner with clients and internal leads
- You have strong organizational skills and an extreme attention to detail
- And, you have spent at least 4 years working in digital experience, brand experience, customer experience or communications work An intersection of more than one of the above is ideal
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
The social news and entertainment company.