At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The AKQA Global Corporate Finance team is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team, based in London. The role will support the Head of Financial Reporting and Group CFO in respect of all Group reporting requirements as well as management of the HQ Corporate entity.
Located next to good transport links in the heart of Clerkenwell, at AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. You will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Liaise with global finance teams to collect and analyse data for AKQA/AKQA Group’s consolidated analysis
- Provide analysis for YOY and latest forecast variances for studios and HQ entity
- Review financial packages in WPP’s consolidation software for accuracy and completeness
- Prepare and manage the global reporting timetable and provide guidance to teams on reporting requirements
- Manage Net Working Capital performance for AKQA globally and push to meet targets
- Manage intercompany transactions globally to ensure process is smooth
- Maintain ownership of the implementation of regional controls and have knowledge of SOX/ICFR guidelines
- Support Head of Financial Reporting and CFO for AKQA/AKQA Group’s financial meetings
- Assist in the integration of acquisitions into the business and provide onboarding training to new joiners
- Develop strong working relationships with business partners
- Perform month-end tasks including detailed P&L and Balance Sheet analysis for the HQ Corporate entity
- Other ad hoc finance projects/tasks may arise
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Work well under pressure, manage time efficiently to meet tight deadlines: dedicated, analytical and proactive
- Attentive to detail and follow through with a focus on process improvement
- Working towards or completed accounting designation (CIMA, ACA or equivalent)
- Intermediate excel skills and knowledge of using Keynote
- Problem solver – the ability to synthesize information and knowledge to achieve a practical solution
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely across different regions and functions
- A personable, professional approach
- Excellent organisation ability to successfully manage a variety of activities
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!