At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Experience Designers at AKQA live at the intersection of strategy, creativity and research to design meaningful, user-centric experiences that meet the needs of brands and their audiences. Combining empathy, communication skills and systems thinking they work collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams to deliver innovative solutions for any space, channel or device.
The role of the Associate UX Designer is to deliver discrete components of work within a larger project, or smaller-scale projects, under a degree of supervision and guidance. Using their core understanding of UCD, the Associate UX Designer will be involved in the delivery of detailed UX design deliverables such as audits, information architecture, user journeys, wireframes and other deliverables. They will contribute and collaborate with the team to ensure a great experience for the user and the right results for the business.
Located next to good transport links in the heart of Clerkenwell, at AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. A working environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their field.
- Brief interpretation - able to interpret a brief, identify knowledge gaps and review the objectives and KPIs.
- Planning - choose correct deliverables for a project under direction of a senior team member.
- Process – understand, apply and advocate user-centred design techniques and processes, from project initiation through to on-going product evolution.
- Understanding – working with other team members to understand the insights gained from existing and primary research, and know how to apply these to a project.
- Research – support the planning, set up and running of user testing and research.
- Design - production of clear, carefully-crafted UX deliverables such as site maps, wireframes, user journeys, prototypes, experience maps, audits etc. that ultimately help create award-winning experiences.
- Software and tools – confident knowing the right tools to use for each job, and how to use them.
- Client – good understanding of the roles of different disciplines within AKQA and how UX can complement and collaborate with them to service the client.
QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with standard UX, UCD and service design processes.
- Experience making insight-driven decisions powered by data and research.
- Experience working with design systems and across multiple platforms.
- Collaborative and pragmatic approach to work.
- Confident explaining designs and solutions to the wider team.
- A natural problem solver – asking the right questions to get to the answer.
- Understanding of good usability and accessibility practices.
- Able to deliver work to the highest possible standards at all times - on time and within budget.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment – demonstrating flexibility and adaptability.
- Be responsible for your ongoing learning, research and self-improvement.
- Understanding of different digital platforms, technologies and content management systems.
- Confident using industry standard design tools – Sketch, Figma, Flinto etc.
- Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field, such as Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design etc. is preferred.
Please include your portfolio link and examples of your work in your application.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one