Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where do we need help?
We have all the makings of a world-class brand – beautifully designed products that exceed customer expectations, a genuine origin story, passionate founders, product innovation rooted in the use of natural materials, and a loyal group of evangelists who believe in our mission.
The Director of Global Brand Marketing role is an incredible opportunity to help shape this special brand and develop it into a global icon. We’re looking for an experienced and highly creative marketer to lead our integrated brand and product storytelling in a bold, consumer-centric way that supports key business objectives and ultimately builds strong brand equity worldwide.
What does the job entail?
- Lead the strategy and oversee the execution of breakthrough integrated marketing programs that build brand awareness, affinity and product adoption globally
- Direct the Brand Management team in crafting marketing strategies and insights-driven creative briefs that inspire their partners to deliver results-oriented, brand differentiating work
- Collaborate with the Product and Sustainability teams to develop new product positioning that is unique and easy to understand
- Work closely with the Insights and Analytics teams to develop a deep knowledge of our target audience and routinely understand the effectiveness of our marketing programs, promoting a test and learn mindset among the broader team
- Partner with in-country marketing leads on their marketing plans, inspiring and empowering them to bring brand/product narratives to life in a globally consistent yet locally relevant way
- Lead the implementation of US-specific marketing plans that draft off global strategies, working with channel owners and media partners as appropriate to stretch budgets without compromising brand perception
- Work with Performance and Retention Marketing teams to understand their needs, and capitalize on content creation opportunities to ensure a cohesive and consistent customer journey
- Routinely share marketing strategies and plans, program results and learnings, and relevant industry trends with the broader organization
- Inspire and motivate the Brand Management team, promoting a high performance yet fun environment that values speed and quality, creative exploration, innovation, & continuous learning
- Effectively manage brand marketing budget in partnership with Marketing Operations and Finance
- Manage external creative and media agencies as needed
What are we looking for?
- 12+ years of brand management experience in the fashion, lifestyle or culture space
- Highly strategic, creatively minded and results oriented marketer with a proven track record in campaign development and brand storytelling
- Strong ability to translate product, trend and merchandising details into unique marketing narratives
- Practical experience running a wide variety of marketing programs that have successfully scaled globally and across channels
- Exceptional leadership and collaboration skills, and ability to build strong partnerships with cross-functional and agency partners that facilitate team success
- Relentlessly curious and knowledgeable about the consumer and their world
- Ability to extract insights from multiple data sources, and make informed decisions that balance the art and science required to build a lasting brand
- Possess a growth mindset and will foster a test-and-learn approach across the marketing team
- Extremely organized with a keen eye for details, without losing sight of the big picture
- Highly self-motivated and will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that requires an ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Able to juggle multiple, and sometimes, conflicting priorities and needs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that can be adapted for audiences at all levels across the organization
- Proven ability to develop a high-caliber team of Brand Managers who are motivated to achieve their best
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Free shoes
- Pup friendly office!
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
About us At Allbirds, we are on a mission to prove that comfort, good design and sustainability don’t have to be mutually exclusive. We are dedicated to making the most sustainable footwear we can using premium natural materials, designed for the to and fro of everyday life. Our commitment to making better shoes in a better way is fueled by a belief that the shoe industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. With funding from both the leading venture capitalists in consumer products and the founding CEOs of some of the greatest e-commerce businesses in recent history, our desire to shake up the shoe industry is off to a great start. In fact, TIME already called our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
Want to learn more about Allbirds? Visit Allbirds's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Marketing Strategist
Brand Knew, Los Angeles