Associate Creative Director - Shanghai | Creative Studio Team | Reports to Global Sr. Creative Director
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
Allbirds is seeking a talented and driven Associate Creative Director for a rare opportunity to open a creative studio and build a team in Shanghai. We’re looking for an ACD to manage the studios creative from concept to completion. This person is responsible for developing concepts into creative solutions while ensuring objectives are met across key brand channels. You are a forward-thinking powerhouse and highly skilled designer that will support the global Creative director in developing the brand. This role will support our creative, marketing, and performance teams to create world-class assets, content, and campaigns.
What does the job entail?
- 25% travel between Shanghai, New Zealand, and California
- Responsible for building the capabilities of our new creative studio team in Shanghai
- Orchestrate and oversea campaign creative in New Zealand with our production partner
- Support the global and local teams in asset and content creation
- Concept, design, and art direct high-impact assets and content for product launches, including product photography for digital, studio lifestyle, still life photography, advertising banners, video content, and 1-2 tv ads annually
- Collaborate with both strategy and channel leads to understand channel best practices to deliver creative that meets our business goals and satisfies our brand approach from top to bottom
- Supporting the Creative Director on the creation of seasonal style guides
- Manage and mentor a team of photographers, retouchers, stylist, cast, and designers, helping map out areas for career growth
- Partner closely with other disciplines within the Creative team (including Brand Design,
- Copy, Production, and UX) as well as other key stakeholders throughout Allbirds to ensure cross-functional integration and strategic implementation of the Allbirds brand
- Set an example of creative excellence that inspires and guides a team of creatives to always reach for the highest brand standard
- Establish and reinforce consistent design systems across platforms
- Leading and participating in brainstorming sessions
- Directing the Design and development of creative materials
- Managing and supervising multiple projects and teams
- Ensuring resources are allocated appropriately to project needs
What kind of person are we looking for?
- 10+ years of creative design work experience, with a proven track record of high-quality design and content creation
- Demonstrated creative expertise in a broad array of areas, including multi-channel campaigns, retail environment, packaging, and web design
- Understanding of the process that takes the insights from a product, markets, and customers and pushes it from concept to execution - storyboard - location - casting - styling - photography, and film
- Proven ability to lead and mentor a diverse creative team of designers and writers, as well as develop designers from a technical perspective
- Strong, creative design sense for premium products, ideally in the fashion or lifestyle category
- Practical experience managing a global brand and collaborating with various stakeholders to balance global consistency with local relevancy
- Good eye for detail, without losing sight of the big picture
- Experience managing third-party partners, agencies, and freelancers
- Highly organized with good project management skills. Able to juggle multiple, and sometimes, conflicting priorities with limited oversight
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Can thrive in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Skilled in Adobe Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, as well as Keynote
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Discounted products
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
About us At Allbirds, we are on a mission to prove that comfort, good design and sustainability don’t have to be mutually exclusive. We are dedicated to making the most sustainable footwear we can using premium natural materials, designed for the to and fro of everyday life. Our commitment to making better shoes in a better way is fueled by a belief that the shoe industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. With funding from both the leading venture capitalists in consumer products and the founding CEOs of some of the greatest e-commerce businesses in recent history, our desire to shake up the shoe industry is off to a great start. In fact, TIME already called our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
Want to learn more about Allbirds? Visit Allbirds's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!