San Francisco, CA | Creative Studio | Reports to Art Director
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
Allbirds is seeking a Designer to join our growing Creative Studio. We’re looking for a creative, forward-thinking, and highly skilled designer to be responsible for executing concepts, supporting the art director. You will be performing on a variety of creative projects, from ideation to production to post-production, and developing creative for various types of media—including landing pages, email, and performance marketing. You’ll be an integral part of the team in the creation and development of world-class campaigns and design engaging content across our channels from email to social to youtube to TV. This position will report directly to our Art Director and work from our headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
What does the job entail?
- Collaborate with art directors, copywriters, and graphic designers to bring stories and concepts to life.
- Work closely with our creative and commercial marketing teams to brainstorm, design, & execute on concepts and content across our digital channels.
- Work closely with re-touchers and have an in-depth understanding of color grading and lighting.
- Execute on style guides for particular campaigns as it relates to lockups, graphics, and motion treatments.
- Help in brainstorming from an art direction and design perspective.
- Execute on designs for lifecycle and broadcast emails.
- Execute on designs for Homepage, Landing Page, PLPs, PDPs, and emails.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends and bring new ideas, inspiration, and creativity to all areas of our work.
- Develop thoughtful, creative work that relates to the overall strategy.
- Help evolve and elevate the Allbirds’ brand by creating and maintaining a high visual bar across all digital touchpoints.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 3+ years of experience working in design on global campaigns.
- Experiencing bringing brand campaigns to life in the digital world across web, app, performance, organic social, and email, ideally in the fashion and lifestyle space.
- Experience in being a thought partner with senior creatives to brainstorm and collaborate on concepts and direction.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the creative process
- Strong knowledge of digital, social, and video content.
- Expert experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong typography, visual, and experience design sensibilities.
- Strong motion & animation skillset (i.e. After Effects) .
- Ability to successfully work on multiple projects at once.
- You are a world-class designer that has an appreciation for contrarian thinking.
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Discounted products
- Pup friendly office!
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
About us At Allbirds, we are on a mission to prove that comfort, good design and sustainability don’t have to be mutually exclusive. We are dedicated to making the most sustainable footwear we can using premium natural materials, designed for the to and fro of everyday life. Our commitment to making better shoes in a better way is fueled by a belief that the shoe industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. With funding from both the leading venture capitalists in consumer products and the founding CEOs of some of the greatest e-commerce businesses in recent history, our desire to shake up the shoe industry is off to a great start. In fact, TIME already called our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
Want to learn more about Allbirds? Visit Allbirds's website.
The project management platform built for software development teams