Senior Analyst, e-Commerce Transportation and Logistics
Allbirds, San Francisco, CA
See jobs at Allbirds
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
We are hiring a Senior Analyst to support day to day operations and long-term strategy for US, Canada and New Zealand domestic shipping from warehouse to customer. You will create and prepare multiple reports and dashboards to measure cost and performance of all outbound shipments, design creative routing options and manage 3PL performance for on-time deliveries. You will work cross-functionally with the customer experience, warehouse, tech, and retail teams to deliver the right product at the right time to the right place. You will also build new SOPs and help scale the business through technology and process improvement. You will conduct market research and lead contract negotiations with major transportation carriers such as Fedex, UPS, USPS and DHL. You will serve as a project manager and lead cost-saving and carbon-reducing transportation strategies.
What does the job entail?
- Drive outbound parcel transportation strategy and execution for US, Canada and New Zealand and support strategies in other geographies
- Build innovative shipping solutions, lead pilot tests and monitor results on key performance indicators including: cost, transit time, carbon emissions, and customer conversion impact.
- Analyze shipping rates, transit times and routing solutions in order to launch quick-win solutions and share long-term project strategies with senior management.
- Monitor daily operations performance and ensure immediate, proactive support from the warehouse, retail teams or Customer Experience (CX).
- Forecast customer shipping patterns, manage shipping logic and anticipated spend to inform the company-wide financial plan.
- Negotiate with major transportation carriers such as Fedex, UPS, USPS, DHL and regional carriers for a formal annual RFP and negotiate as-needed when the business landscape changes or unanticipated surcharges.
- Manage auditing software service and create dashboards to analyze cost savings opportunities.
- Make recommendations based on logistics performance and market trends by communicating weekly in operational excellence cross-functional meetings.
- Collaborate with retail teams and analyze cost effective solutions for expedite and standard parcel shipping options to retail stores.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement projects to reduce logistics costs and carbon footprint.
- Collaborate with the tech team to develop the tools, processes and capabilities across all functions to resolve pain points and simplify naturally.
- Drive efficiencies in product packaging by reviewing and providing input on new and updated solutions by analyzing product dimensions, weights and estimated cost
What kind of person are we looking for?
- 4+ years experience working in an area of the Supply Chain, Logistics, or Operations and are familiar with common supply chain terminology.
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills that will allow for successful collaboration across our organization.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to think on your feet.
- You have the courage to speak up and challenge the status quo and the drive to take projects from start to finish.
- Eagerness to learn and actively own your development within your role. You are interested in a career in logistics and are intrigued by the current and future supply chain trends and market.
- An owner’s mindset that drives you to consistently deliver on assigned, verbal, and written commitments.
More practical skills needed:
- BA/BS or alternative equivalent
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Deep analytical mindset and problem-solving acumen
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Discounted products
- Pup friendly office!
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
About us At Allbirds, we are on a mission to prove that comfort, good design and sustainability don’t have to be mutually exclusive. We are dedicated to making the most sustainable footwear we can using premium natural materials, designed for the to and fro of everyday life. Our commitment to making better shoes in a better way is fueled by a belief that the shoe industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. With funding from both the leading venture capitalists in consumer products and the founding CEOs of some of the greatest e-commerce businesses in recent history, our desire to shake up the shoe industry is off to a great start. In fact, TIME already called our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
Want to learn more about Allbirds? Visit Allbirds's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Tech Jobs For You
Regional Manager, Commercial Customer Success
Okta, US Remote West Coast; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA;...