Senior Director, Strategy & Implementation
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools, Los Angeles
Where Exceptional is the Rule
ABOUT ALLIANCE COLLEGE-READY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools is the largest nonprofit charter school organization in Los Angeles, serving nearly 13,000 low-income scholars across 25 free public middle and high schools on 28 campuses. In our 14th school year, Alliance has a proven record of success: though our scholars come to Alliance on average four grade-levels behind in reading, 95% of Alliance graduates have been accepted to college—including 77% to a four-year university in 2017. We strive to truly change the life trajectories of our scholars and communities, with a goal of 75% of Alliance graduates completing a four-year college degree. We also value our people, illustrated by being in the top 10% of Gallup’s global Best Place to Work survey.
Join us at Alliance and you can expect to be part of an innovative organization made up of talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want strong collaborators, skilled communicators, and avid problem solvers who are comfortable in a culture of continuous learning and who are excited to implement fresh ideas and unique solutions in service of our scholars and families. Now is the time to join us and make long-lasting change across Los Angeles.
The Vice President of Strategy will lead the implementation of the organization’s strategic plan and departmental and school operating plans, all focused on the goals of ensuring Alliance students are prepared to succeed in college, Alliance employees consider the organization a Best Place to Work, and fostering a culture of innovation and excellence. The Vice President will work with Alliance leadership to develop a comprehensive data strategy to define outcomes and measure progress aligned to the strategic plan. The Vice President will also be responsible for overseeing knowledge management and the organization’s project management office. The Vice President of Strategy will report directly to the Chief of Staff, and will manage a small team working across all Home Office divisions and school sites.
- Implement Alliance’s long-term strategic plan in partnership with the Chief of Staff, Cabinet, and Leadership Team.
- Support the development and implementation of departmental and school-level annual operating plans that focus on key initiatives and measures of success across the organization, including benchmarking and monitoring.
- Work in tandem with the Finance Department to develop home office and school budgets to ensure resources are allocated to support the goals and objectives in the strategic plan.
- Manage implementation of large cross-organizational strategic initiatives including staff performance management, budget development, and change management (i.e. identifying critical issues, scoping initiatives, facilitating cross-functional working groups, and creating appropriate work plans).
- Oversee data analytics and project management functions.
- Provide organizational capacity to ensure that Alliance maintains and deepens its focus on data-driven decision-making and performance management.
- Support department and school leaders in the development of key performance indicators related to the priorities.
- Define, drive, and oversee appropriate analyses to support strategic initiative execution. Prepare briefings, memos, or presentations to communicate findings.
- Serve as a strategic advisor to the Cabinet and Leadership Team regarding organizational strategies, initiatives and issues.
- Provide leadership and support of Alliance’s strategic goals, with a strong focus on the strategic vision of the organization.
- Participate as a member of the Alliance Leadership Team.
- Maintain a strong Alliance culture aligned to our core values.
THE STRONGEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE/BE:
- Commitment to Alliance’s core beliefs and educational philosophy
- Knowledge of urban school environments and school culture
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-layered organization and build strong relationships with teachers, coaches, school leaders and other home office and school-based colleagues
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and Google-based applications
- Entrepreneurial spirit to thrive in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team committed to a new future for urban education
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree from an accredited, competitive college/university is required. An M.B.A. is strongly preferred.
- At least 10 years of full-time work experience in the private sector and/or education management field.
- Management consulting experience, strategy consulting experience and/or other executive level strategic and analytical experience. A candidate with both executive operating experience as well as organizational strategy experience is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of K-12 education is preferred.
- Proven track record of effective leadership and ability to navigate complex issues and drive strong performance results is required.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing effective systems and processes at scale.
- Comfort with, and enthusiasm for using large amounts of data to drive decisions at the team, division, and organization levels.
- Fluency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other business and data analytics software (e.g., project management software, STATA, etc).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Alliance offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, as well as an employer-sponsored 403b plan annual contribution equal to 5% of regular earnings, and comprehensive health benefits packages, including dental and vision. Alliance covers 100% monthly premiums for individual employees or up to $900/month toward family plan premiums.
Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter at www.laalliance.org/careers. Please note that only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools are free public charter schools which do not discriminate against any student, parent, community member, or employee on the basis of actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
About Alliance College-Ready Public Schools
About Us In 2004, the first Alliance public school opened at the corner of Western and Martin Luther King Blvd., starting with a small group of dedicated educators serving a few hundred families who wanted something better for their children. Alliance sought to prove that an exceptional education is possible for all students, regardless of their background or zip code. Today, Alliance is the largest charter school network in LA and larger than 75% of all school districts in California yet successfully educating 12,500 students in 25 high-performing, tuition-free high school and middle school academies. Today we have more than 6,000 graduates, and continuing to make a difference in the lives of every one of our students. See more successful performance details in our 2016 Annual Report. Alliance's founding principle of school autonomy with accountability helped build a culture that supports teacher innovation at each school and strives to understand what works to prepare students to succeed in college. As a result, Alliance schools significantly outperform traditional public schools while still sharing a common mission and core values. Today, Alliance supports a network of independent schools by providing operational services, resources, training, guidance, and oversight to ensure that all schools operate effectively and provide educational services that address the individual needs for every student including: Facilitating the definition and support of key educational and operational parameters that are shared across schools. Serving as the charter holder of record and local operator of its schools.
Want to learn more about Alliance College-Ready Public Schools? Visit Alliance College-Ready Public Schools's website.
Jobs You May Like
Clover Health, Hudson County, NJ
Business Development Director LATAM
Field Manager (Enjoy Captain) - Fresno
Enjoy, Fresno, CA
Advisor - Sales (Part-Time), The Summit at Fritz Farm
Warby Parker, Lexington, KY
Digital Product Strategist
Restaurant Operations Associate