2017-2018 Immediate Teacher Openings
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools, Los Angeles, CA
Where Exceptional is the Rule
ABOUT ALLIANCE COLLEGE-READY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools is the largest nonprofit charter school organization in Los Angeles, serving nearly 13,000 low-income scholars across 25 free public middle and high schools on 28 campuses. In our 14th school year, Alliance has a proven record of success: though our scholars come to Alliance on average four grade-levels behind in reading, 95% of Alliance graduates have been accepted to college—including 77% to a four-year university in 2017. We strive to truly change the life trajectories of our scholars and communities, with a goal of 75% of Alliance graduates completing a four-year college degree. We also value our people, illustrated by being in the top 10% of Gallup’s global Best Place to Work survey. Now is the time to join our collaborative community to make long-lasting change across Los Angeles.
ROLE SUMMARY: WHY TEACH AT ALLIANCE?
Alliance is seeking entrepreneurial educators who are passionate about innovating to transform the lives of children in communities where they are needed most. Alliance teachers don’t have to choose between the benefits of a small community school and a large, cutting-edge organization—teachers enjoy the supports of a large network of 28 campuses, with the close-knit feel of a small school of up to only 150 students per grade. Alliance is an ideal place for educators who thrive in an environment of high expectations and collaboration in service of strong results for our students. Alliance educators collaborate and mentor one another, and they embrace professional development and coaching to grow and hone their craft.Alliance’s social justice mission also supports our restorative justice approach to student discipline, keeping students where they learn best—in classrooms.
As an Alliance teacher, we expect you to:
Teaching and Learning
- Drive outstanding student achievement for all students in your classroom and support colleagues in driving student achievement school-wide.
- Leverage Alliance resources and supports to develop and implement powerfully engaging curriculum and lessons designed to prepare all students to succeed in college and beyond.
- Utilize a wide variety of teaching methods to create differentiated opportunities for deep understanding for all learners, including students with special needs.
- Utilize a variety of data and technology to drive instruction and intervention.
Creating Positive Culture
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented, and supportive learning environment that excites and invests students in learning.
- Create a culture of high expectations and continuous improvement with a drive toward student achievement and college and career readiness.
- Work collaboratively with families and Alliance colleagues to support the achievement of all students and the mission and vision of the school.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Ability to obtain a valid California Teaching Credential in the assigned subject area(s) and a valid English Learner authorization (e.g. CLAD, BCLAD) by August 1, 2018
- Applicants who will hold any of the following credentials by August 1, 2018 are welcome to apply:
- California Single or Multiple Subject Credential (Clear or Preliminary)
- California University Internship Credential Eligible
- California Credential in Progress
- Non-California Credential Transferring to California (i.e., from other U.S. states)
THE STRONGEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE/BE:
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills, as well as content area expertise
- Deep knowledge of effective evaluation and assessment techniques to drive student learning
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and relationship-building skills with both children and adults
- Passion for and commitment to the success of all Alliance students, and specifically to raising the academic achievement of children from high-poverty communities
- Open to feedback and eager to develop professionally
- Flexible, optimistic, comfortable with change and ambiguity, and able to learn quickly
- Entrepreneurial spirit to thrive in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team
- Understanding of the nuances of urban school environments and school culture
COMPENSATION AND ADDITIONAL SUPPORT
- Alliance offers a starting salary that surpasses our local school district’s starting salary by more than 4%. Alliance’s performance-based compensation system focuses on rewarding teachers for what matters most—making the biggest difference with students.
- Alliance covers 100% monthly premiums for individual employee benefits or up to $900/month toward family benefits plan premiums. Alliance also participates in the California’s State Teacher Retirement System (STRS).
- Alliance provides substantial professional development support for teachers, including two weeks of network-wide professional development before the school year starts for new hires, weekly school-site support, Alliance-wide training days, and a variety of paid teacher leader and career lattice opportunities.
To apply, submit your application below. Please note that only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools are free public charter schools which do not discriminate against any student, parent, community member, or employee on the basis of actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
See where our schools are in Los Angeles
- Red Dots: Middle Schools
- Green Dots: High Schools
- Yellow Dot: Alliance Home Office
About Alliance College-Ready Public Schools
About Us In 2004, the first Alliance public school opened at the corner of Western and Martin Luther King Blvd., starting with a small group of dedicated educators serving a few hundred families who wanted something better for their children. Alliance sought to prove that an exceptional education is possible for all students, regardless of their background or zip code. Today, Alliance is the largest charter school network in LA and larger than 75% of all school districts in California yet successfully educating 12,500 students in 25 high-performing, tuition-free high school and middle school academies. Today we have more than 6,000 graduates, and continuing to make a difference in the lives of every one of our students. See more successful performance details in our 2016 Annual Report. Alliance's founding principle of school autonomy with accountability helped build a culture that supports teacher innovation at each school and strives to understand what works to prepare students to succeed in college. As a result, Alliance schools significantly outperform traditional public schools while still sharing a common mission and core values. Today, Alliance supports a network of independent schools by providing operational services, resources, training, guidance, and oversight to ensure that all schools operate effectively and provide educational services that address the individual needs for every student including: Facilitating the definition and support of key educational and operational parameters that are shared across schools. Serving as the charter holder of record and local operator of its schools.
Want to learn more about Alliance College-Ready Public Schools? Visit Alliance College-Ready Public Schools's website.
Jobs You May Like
HR Business Partner
GitHub, HQ - San Francisco
MemSQL, Seattle, WA
Internship: Human Resources
Assistant Principal, Elementary (2018-2019)
Alpha Public Schools, Alpha Public Schools
Senior Technical Sourcer
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA