Business Development Executive, Musical Instruments
Amify, Alexandria, VA
Optimize Your Products. Amplify Your Brand
The music industry is your passion. You’ve played. You’ve listened. You’ve researched. Many of your favorite memories include music. You’ve noticed that a recurring theme in your work and personal conversations involve consistent debate of the best X, or the greatest Y, or timeless Z. You can’t get away from it, and frankly, you don’t want to. You’ve built your career in the music industry. You love what you do, you know the instruments and accessories inside and out and you’re always on the lookout for the next big thing. Realizing the overwhelming shift to e-commerce, you want to help clients make a successful transition. If this sounds like you, we’re glad you’re here!
Amify is a technology-driven partner for brands looking to maximize their potential on Amazon. We partner with top brands to optimize their listings, drive traffic to their products, and protect their brand on the platform.
We are an enthusiastic, focused and driven company who has twice been recognized on the Inc. Top 500 Fastest Growing Private Company in America list. Given our exponential growth, we are currently looking to welcome a new Business Development Executive, Musical Instruments to our team.
How you can make an impact:
- Building long term trusting relationships through results and obvious ROI for clients by leveraging your knowledge of industry dynamics, brand contacts and problem solving on pain points
- Patiently and strategically managing your own pipeline, knowing when and how to pivot, push or pull back to ensure your success.
- Exercise patience and due diligence in learning, refining and perfecting your pitch materials in order to make the best presentations.
A day in the life for this role can/will include:
- Using industry intel and sales data to identify top music brands that, with your help, could increase their Amazon ROI.
- Leveraging your industry contacts and overall knowledge to make meaningful connections, presenting brands with compelling evidence of how and where we can help them most.
- Working collaboratively and proactively with sales colleagues and cross functional team mates to execute a smooth closing and on-boarding process.
- Enthusiastically and strategically attending industry trade shows, navigating with an innate ability to identify the right brands to target for Amify’s business model.
In return for all your knowledge of boom stands, licks and acoustics, we are proud to offer an uncapped bonus structure and an extensive Amify sales training program to set you on the path to success. We also have a great group of sales executives unafraid to knowledge share, strategize and support each other’s efforts.
We are excited to be on the fast track in the Amazon Brand Partnerships space and if you’re ready to join us on this journey, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of sales experience in the music industry
- eCommerce or Amazon experience
- Location: Alexandria, VA
- Career Level: Mid-career (~5-8 years of music industry sales)
- Management responsibilities: None
- Travel: No more than ~25% annually
- Compensation: Base + uncapped bonus structure
Who We Are Amify is a two-time Inc. 500 award winner that focuses on connecting brands to the customers that love them in the Amazon marketplace. We use a proven and vetted data-driven approach to optimize and enhance brand product listings on Amazon, monitor and enforce unauthorized sellers and MAP violators, and advise brands on how to maximize their Amazon potential. Our team, has skillfully merged superior retail customer service, ethical online brand management, innovative technology, and a dedication to brand authenticity in the largest retail marketplace online. With over 600 vendor partnerships and over one million items sold, we guarantee that our partner brands are well cared for.
Want to learn more about Amify? Visit Amify's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one