Amify is a technology-driven partner for brands looking to maximize their potential on Amazon. We partner with top brands to optimize their listings, drive traffic to their products, and protect their brand on the platform.
We are an enthusiastic, focused and driven company who has twice been listed on the Inc. Top 500 Fastest Growing Private Company in America list. Given our exponential growth, we are currently looking to welcome a new Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to the team.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the CTO position will be responsible for architecting the cloud platform that will run our next generation of services, strategically and functionally lead the technological capabilities and projects of the company, manage the current team (local and offshore) and scale our platform and leverage all Amazon client offerings.
The position will work across our purchasing, business development, and warehouse teams to identify and improve current business systems with the goal of increasing revenue and lowering costs. This leadership role requires an innovative thinker who embraces change in a fast pace-d environment. Experience in e-commerce is required.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Architecting a native cloud platform in AWS on which our existing proprietary services will run and where our new services will be deployed.
- In collaboration with product ownership, develop and execute the technology roadmap that will enable Amify to scale as the business grows.
- Provide strategic and operational direction for the entire technology team – both local and offshore.
- Proactively work with cross functional teams to identify and implement process improvements via automation that will increase productivity and lower costs.
- Establish quarterly goals and objectives for the department and ensure that all goals are met on-time and with the highest quality.
- Advise on recruitment and development of the engineering team, including coaching and mentoring, of all team members.
- Build and manage relationships with key technology service partners.
- Oversee management of all infrastructure, including Salesforce CRM and AWS systems.
- Identify and promote the use of new technologies and processes that lower risk and increase efficiency.
- Oversee timeline estimation and delivery of engineering initiatives and projects.
- Establish and ensure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements.
- Responsible for collaborating with senior developers in solving highly technical and complex problems.
- eCommerce experience.
- Exceptional leadership, technical and business experience with concrete examples of successfully leading growth, architecting new technologies and developing technical product teams.
- Bachelor or Master of Science in the field of computer science, engineering or Information Technology preferred.
- Achievement of principle or architect level engineering role with a minimum of 8 years experience in software product development and engineering.
- 5 years experience building and architecting cloud native products and services on AWS including deployment of lambda functions, micro services, and containerization.
- Extensive experience implementing DevOps, CI/CD, and operational monitoring and alerting within IaaS and PaaS environments, in particular AWS.
- Minimum 5 years in Engineering Leadership.
- Experience building and aligning a fast growing engineering team.
- Experience operating as a strategic leader who has transformed business problems into technology solutions.
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite (primarily Bitbucket and Jira), Git and Programming IDEs.
- Experience working in the AWS cloud with a working knowledge of networking and serverless architecture.
- Proven leadership and the ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written, oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal abilities with the ability to present ideas in business- and user- friendly language.
- Experience managing and customizing Salesforce CRM a plus.
Successful candidates must have:
- Strong analytical aptitude
- Highly organized
- Focused on results
- Self-starter, pro-active, and innovative leader
- High energy with a passion for relationship building
- Outstanding follow-up and planning ability
- Ability to embrace change
Who We Are Amify is a two-time Inc. 500 award winner that focuses on connecting brands to the customers that love them in the Amazon marketplace. We use a proven and vetted data-driven approach to optimize and enhance brand product listings on Amazon, monitor and enforce unauthorized sellers and MAP violators, and advise brands on how to maximize their Amazon potential. Our team, has skillfully merged superior retail customer service, ethical online brand management, innovative technology, and a dedication to brand authenticity in the largest retail marketplace online. With over 600 vendor partnerships and over one million items sold, we guarantee that our partner brands are well cared for.
Want to learn more about Amify? Visit Amify's website.
Help the world share their story
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Real-time Audio/Video
Highfive, California (San Francisco Bay Area) or work from home