Technical Product Trainer
Amperity, Seattle, WA
Amperity Empowers Brands by Unlocking All Their Data
Amperity is more than just a leading Customer Data Platform — it's a unique mix of people, technology, and opportunity. The people are whip-smart, deeply committed, and energizing. The technology is multi-patented, AI-powered, industry-shaping customer data management software that we invented because there was no way to solve the problems that we wanted to help consumer brands overcome. The opportunity is twofold: a market opportunity to provide a solution that consumer brands have been trying to find for decades, and a personal opportunity to grow and learn and hitch your career to a rocket ship.
Since our founding in 2016, Amperity has been growing 2.5X year-over-year. We've raised $187M in funding, including a recent Series D that increased our valuation to over one billion dollars. We're going places, fast, and we want you to come with us.
We help these brands make sense of massive amounts of transaction and engagement data so that they can finally know who their customers are, what opportunities exist, and how to provide the kinds of experiences that delight consumers and move the business metrics that matter. Our customers include Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, Patagonia, Kroger, J. Crew, Brooks Running, Planet Fitness, DICK's Sporting Goods, and many more.
We're building something that's never existed before, and we're doing it in a way that's great for consumers, transformational for our customers, and career-making for the members of the Amperity team. Come help us make it happen!
As Amperity’s Technical Product Trainer, you will be a primary driver in the enablement of employees, system integrators and customers. Your primary focus will be to deliver high-energy and customer-focused training empowering both those that implement & operate the product, as well as those that use it.
You are passionate about creating an awesome learning experience, and will use your delivery experience to assist the Training Director and Technical Writer in the development of training content for all audiences and all delivery mediums (in-person, virtual classroom and self-paced learning).
- Deliver new hire and on-going product training to Amperity staff and systems integrators
- Deliver operator and technical-user training to customers
- Assist in the development of training materials. Training delivered will be a combination of in-person, virtual classroom and eLearning / docs. You will partner with subject matter experts to develop expertise and assist the training team in the development and continuous improvement of these materials.
- Leverage your product knowledge and customer/employee interaction to identify potential product capabilities and gaps that dramatically simplify product implementation and usage. Work with Product Managers directly to improve the product based on your insights.
- Assist in the development of training kits and Train the Trainer programs to aid others who provide customer end-user training.
- You are extremely bright and love to learn. All your friends and co-workers marvel about how easily you master new concepts. You have proven success in the ability to transfer your knowledge that is both technical and business focused. You are passionate about learning new technologies and sharing your knowledge with others through teaching.
- You possess a wide breadth of technical knowledge, with an eagerness to learn new technologies including:
- Knowledge of database and big data concepts and strong SQL skills
- Knowledge of cloud computing technologies (AWS and/or Azure) and IT infrastructure
- Knowledge of machine learning concepts is an asset
- You possess excellent oral communication, presentation and written skills along with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills. You are extremely personable and have a presence in front of people. A background in education would be helpful, but not a prerequisite
- You are flexible and read your audience. You adjust course content and discussion level on-the-fly based on the aptitude of the student.
- You apply a variety of training concepts and principles along with your knowledge of adult learning
- You are agile and a fast learner. The product changes fast! You are quick to learn new concepts and develop ways to teach the material including teaching concepts and building out labs. You act with urgency to produce results quickly with an iterative approach to improvement.
- You are collaborative and a team player
- You have a strong work ethic, are self-motivated, self-directed and driven.
- You creatively problem solve on the spot. You will be constantly bombarded with questions during your classes, so you need to be able to come up with creative solutions on the fly. You manage groups well, and instinctively know when to answer a question in class, and when to take it offline to keep the class on-track
- You are extremely customer-focused and motivated to help our internal and external customers succeed by helping them understand how our product works and how to implement it effectively. You understand that at the end of the day, you are here to help drive customer adoption by focusing on customer success, driving implementation velocity and best-practices, and building product champions.
- You have an ownership mindset. You are a builder, not an operator. Training is in its early stages and product change is fast and furious
- You have leadership qualities that allow you to think strategically combined with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and deliver
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in related technologies in a customer-facing role. Training experience is preferred but not required
- Experience in enterprise b2b software a distinct plus
- Experience with (informal) curriculum development is an asset
- Willingness to travel as required (up to 25%)
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a great place to work: 100% employee healthcare coverage, transportation subsidies, a comfortable work environment with plenty of snacks, and other employee experience perks like events and activities, both in-person and remote. We also offer self-managed PTO and the flexibility to do your best work in the way that works for you. We provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
Amperity is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Amperity Amperity is the Intelligent Customer Data Platform empowering global consumer brands to create unique and personalized experiences by unlocking all their customer data. Using machine learning and massive computing power, Amperity stitches together all of a brand's disparate data sources, forms complete customer profiles, and makes those profiles available to marketers and analysts. This complete, actionable data can be used to power customer 360 initiatives, acquisition, and retention marketing programs, and advanced customer analytics. Why We Built Amperity Amperity’s founders, Kabir Shahani and Derek Slager, spent years building marketing software for enterprises. During that time they were struck by how many companies used only a sliver of their customer data they already possessed for marketing and analytics. This was because at-scale data ingestion, identity resolution and actionability were pervasive challenges that consumer brands had neither the software nor the expertise to solve. This left them struggling to create meaningful customer experiences and to compete with Internet-first organizations. The Amperity team came together to help solve these challenges. Through the commercialization of advanced machine learning and by leveraging a large-scale, distributed data infrastructure and massive computing power, they created a platform that could rapidly and intelligently unify customer data at scale. By unlocking access to and usability for complete customer data, Amperity empowers consumer brand marketers and analysts to make smart decisions, create individualized experiences and bring their best ideas to life, all while driving top line growth. Amperity launched in September 2017, with a customer base that included many of the world’s most loved consumer brands. The Amperity team is thrilled to be part of this vibrant community and to be contributing to the vision of helping marketers and analysts use customer data to unleash their potential and to transform the future of consumer marketing.
Want to learn more about Amperity? Visit Amperity's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.