Senior DevOps Engineer
Amperity, Any US Location
Amperity Empowers Brands by Unlocking All Their Data
Amperity is more than just a leading Customer Data Platform — it's a unique mix of people, technology, and opportunity. The people are whip-smart, deeply committed, and energizing. The technology is multi-patented, AI-powered, industry-shaping customer data management software that we invented because there was no way to solve the problems that we wanted to help consumer brands overcome. The opportunity is twofold: a market opportunity to provide a solution that consumer brands have been trying to find for decades, and a personal opportunity to grow and learn and hitch your career to a rocket ship.
Since our founding in 2016, Amperity has been growing 2.5X year-over-year. We've raised $187M in funding, including a recent Series D that increased our valuation to over one billion dollars. We're going places, fast, and we want you to come with us.
We help top brands make sense of massive amounts of transaction and engagement data so that they can finally know who their customers are, what opportunities exist, and how to provide the kinds of experiences that delight consumers and move the business metrics that matter. Our customers include Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, Patagonia, Kroger, J. Crew, Brooks Running, Planet Fitness, DICK's Sporting Goods, and many more.
We're building something that's never existed before, and we're doing it in a way that's great for consumers, transformational for our customers, and career-making for the members of the Amperity team. Come help us make it happen!
You are a developer with 4-6+ years experience building automation for deployment and management of cloud-based web applications or services. You’ll demonstrate a passion for your craft, be self-motivated and eager to engage in high impact, challenging engineering problems while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented SaaS environment.
Your responsibilities will include hands-on implementation and development with continuous integration, continuous deployment, infrastructure as code, and advanced monitoring tools running on Azure and Amazon Web Services. The services you build will enable seamless deployment and management of cloud-base systems that make up Amperity’s newest generation of solutions. You will be comfortable working with Product Managers to turn great ideas into detailed requirements. You will also design how features should be implemented, and help determine the best architecture to use in each situation.
- Deploying and managing Kubernetes across multiple cloud environments.
- Terraforming existing infrastructure to exist as code and avoiding state drift.
- Managing resources across multiple cloud providers that do not have the same feature parity.
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in DevOps or a similar role.
- You have the ability to write code in Clojure/Python/Go or similar to solve automation problems and develop effective tooling.
- You have experience building tools and microservices to enable engineering teams.
- You have experience with build automation and configuration management tools. (e.g. Ansible, Saltstack,.)
- You have experience with code deployment tools and code build pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, GoCD,.)
- You have strong knowledge of the Microsoft Azure ecosystem and/or other cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Proficient experience using Docker technology or other containerization technology
- Experience supporting 24x7, high availability internet application environments that include web, application, and database servers and load balancing systems.
- You have a deep understanding of cloud networking, routing and VPN services.
- You have worked with Hashicorp tools such Terraform, Packer and Vault.
- Software development background is a plus.
- Experience with large scale Spark environments is a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Helm and ArgoCD is a plus.
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a great place to work: 100% employee healthcare coverage, transportation subsidies, a comfortable work environment with plenty of snacks, and other employee experience perks like events and activities, both in-person and remote. We also offer self-managed PTO and the flexibility to do your best work in the way that works for you. We provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
Amperity is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Amperity Amperity is the Intelligent Customer Data Platform empowering global consumer brands to create unique and personalized experiences by unlocking all their customer data. Using machine learning and massive computing power, Amperity stitches together all of a brand's disparate data sources, forms complete customer profiles, and makes those profiles available to marketers and analysts. This complete, actionable data can be used to power customer 360 initiatives, acquisition, and retention marketing programs, and advanced customer analytics. Why We Built Amperity Amperity’s founders, Kabir Shahani and Derek Slager, spent years building marketing software for enterprises. During that time they were struck by how many companies used only a sliver of their customer data they already possessed for marketing and analytics. This was because at-scale data ingestion, identity resolution and actionability were pervasive challenges that consumer brands had neither the software nor the expertise to solve. This left them struggling to create meaningful customer experiences and to compete with Internet-first organizations. The Amperity team came together to help solve these challenges. Through the commercialization of advanced machine learning and by leveraging a large-scale, distributed data infrastructure and massive computing power, they created a platform that could rapidly and intelligently unify customer data at scale. By unlocking access to and usability for complete customer data, Amperity empowers consumer brand marketers and analysts to make smart decisions, create individualized experiences and bring their best ideas to life, all while driving top line growth. Amperity launched in September 2017, with a customer base that included many of the world’s most loved consumer brands. The Amperity team is thrilled to be part of this vibrant community and to be contributing to the vision of helping marketers and analysts use customer data to unleash their potential and to transform the future of consumer marketing.
Want to learn more about Amperity? Visit Amperity's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.