Amplitude, San Francisco
Help Companies Build Better Products
Amplitude is passionate about its customers and as a result, the Success Team is the most influential group at the company. We help drive what our product and engineering teams build, what our sales team pitches, what our marketing team presents, and is central ensuring the customer voice is heard in all internal decisions. As part of the Go-To-Market function, the Success Team is responsible for maximizing customer retention and reducing customer churn - our customers’ success will lead to Amplitude’s success.
As a Success Manager, you are responsible for making sure that our Mid-Market and SMB customers are deriving value from Amplitude. As the dedicated single-point-of-contact, you will build and maintain a positive relationship with key influencers, such as C-level executives, VPs, and Directors, to make sure that their entire company is bought into Amplitude. Your objective is to retain and grow your customers as they grow their businesses by creating internal Amplitude champions and helping execs understand Amplitude's ROI.
Success Managers wear two hats:
1) Account Manager -- it is your responsibility to create and maintain a positive relationship with all of your customers with the goal of maximizing customer retention and reducing customer churn. This means having regular conversations with key influencers and power users to evaluate the strength of the business relationship, digging for pain and getting product feedback, being a product advocate for other users within your customers' organization, and relaying important communications directly to the customer. Internally, you’ll work closely with the product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams to bring the customer voice into their key conversations.
2) Analytics Strategist -- you will become a product analytics leader and you will teach your customers how to derive valuable insights from our highly technical product. Your responsibilities include leading the onboarding process, conducting hands-on trainings on the platform, answering ad hoc business/strategy questions, and sharing methodologies and insights from your wealth of knowledge. You’ll build strategic frameworks for the different user personas (analysts, PMs, managers, C-level execs, etc) who can get value from the data in the system. Internally, you will help our product team and engineers in driving the product roadmap as you will advocate for your customers and voice their needs in product meetings.
Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in a customer success role
- Solid knowledge of account and portfolio management
- A consistent record of success in previous positions
- Demonstrated ability to learn and explain a technical product or concept
- Excellent communication skills
- An inner dedication to learning and working hard
- Amazing organizational skills
- An aura of integrity, professionalism, and a willingness to assist
- The ability to empathize with customer pain
- Knowledge of the analytics space is a plus
At Amplitude, we’re on a mission to help product teams understand their users’ behavior so that they can build better products. We’ve built a product analytics platform that enables anyone, regardless of analytics experience, to listen to what their users are telling them through user behavior.
Founded in 2012, Amplitude is located in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood. We recently raised a $30M Series C and are backed by IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, and Y Combinator. You can learn more about our team, culture, and environment at https://amplitude.com/careers.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.