Software/ Platform Engineer- Berlin
Anaconda, Berlin, Germany
Where packages, notebooks, projects and environments are shared.
Role: Software/Platform Engineer
Reports to: Manager, Engineering
Location: Berlin, Germany
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
With over 16 million users, Anaconda is the world’s most popular Python data science platform. Anaconda, Inc. continues to lead open source projects like Anaconda, NumPy, and SciPy that form the foundation of modern data science. Anaconda’s flagship product, Anaconda Enterprise, allows organizations to secure, govern, scale, and extend Anaconda to deliver actionable insights that drive businesses and industries forward.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. We strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Software/Platform Engineer to join our rapidly growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your skills and passion for creating a unique culture and gain new skills in the world of data science and analytics.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a key member of the Anaconda Enterprise Engineering team
- Develop productivity skills by constantly improving knowledge of core infrastructure, tooling, build system, as well as testing best practices
- Implement well-defined (sub-)tasks and commit code to peer review
- Attend daily SCRUM meetings, sprint planning meetings, etc.
- Create and maintain unit and integration tests and software documentation
- Work with other teams to coordinate joint deliverables
- Work with QA team to ensure the highest level of product quality
- Change the life of thousands of data scientists around the world
What You Need:
- BS in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of enterprise software development experience
- Excitement about technical challenges
- Write clean and well-crafted code
- Willingness to learn new programming languages and skills
- Hands-on experience in Python
- Hands-on experience using Docker or Kubernetes containers
- Hands-on experience with the following: backend APIs, databases, services integration, cybersecurity, core infrastructure and tooling
- Solid understanding of development lifecycle (design, test, implement, document) and release management using modern collaboration tools
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience with both Agile and SCRUM
- Full-stack development experience
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS, GCE, and Azure
- Quality and Tests driven mindset
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- A dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Work from home Wednesday (Optional)
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Parental Leave
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
About Anaconda Cloud Anaconda Cloud is where data scientists share their work. You can search and download popular Python and R packages and notebooks to jumpstart your data science work. You can also store your packages, notebooks and environments in Anaconda Cloud and share them with your team. If you’re looking to share a limited amount of your work publicly then our free service is perfect for you. Sign up today! If you’re looking to share larger collections and collaborate privately then our subscription plans are your answer. Anaconda Cloud is brought to you by Anaconda Inc.