Sr. Software Engineer- Platform
Anaconda, Austin, TX
Where packages, notebooks, projects and environments are shared.
Role: Sr. Software Engineer- Platform
Reports to: Manager, Engineering
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 20 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning.
We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open-source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk or “what employees like most about working here” is that we are not just a company, but a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community strive to democratize data science and create and promote open-source technologies for a better world.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Sr Software/Platform Engineer to join our rapidly growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your skills and passion for creating a unique culture and gain new skills in the world of data science and analytics.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a key member of the Anaconda Enterprise Engineering team
- Develop productivity skills by constantly improving knowledge of core infrastructure, tooling, build system, as well as testing best practices
- Implement well-defined (sub-)tasks and commit code to peer review
- Attend daily SCRUM meetings, sprint planning meetings, etc.
- Create and maintain unit and integration tests and software documentation
- Work with other teams to coordinate joint deliverables
- Work with QA team to ensure the highest level of product quality
- Change the life of thousands of data scientists around the world
What You Need:
- BS in computer science or a related field
- 7+ years of enterprise software development experience
- Excitement about technical challenges
- Write clean and well-crafted code
- Willingness to learn new programming languages and skills
- Hands-on experience in Python
- Hands-on experience using Docker or Kubernetes containers
- Hands-on experience with the following: backend APIs, databases, services integration, cybersecurity, core infrastructure and tooling
- Solid understanding of development lifecycle (design, test, implement, document) and release management using modern collaboration tools
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience with both Agile and SCRUM
- Full-stack development experience
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS, GCE, and Azure
- Quality and Tests driven mindset
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- A dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Casual dress code
- Work home Wednesdays (optional)
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Parental Leave
- Unlimited Vacation!
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
About Anaconda Cloud Anaconda Cloud is where data scientists share their work. You can search and download popular Python and R packages and notebooks to jumpstart your data science work. You can also store your packages, notebooks and environments in Anaconda Cloud and share them with your team. If you’re looking to share a limited amount of your work publicly then our free service is perfect for you. Sign up today! If you’re looking to share larger collections and collaborate privately then our subscription plans are your answer. Anaconda Cloud is brought to you by Anaconda Inc.