Sr. Director, Sales
Anaconda, Austin, TX
Where packages, notebooks, projects and environments are shared.
Role: Senior Director of Sales
Reports to: President & CFO
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
With more than 18 million users, Anaconda is the world’s most popular Python data science platform. Anaconda, Inc. continues to lead open source projects like Anaconda, NumPy, and SciPy that form the foundation of modern data science. Anaconda’s flagship product, Anaconda Enterprise, allows organizations to secure, govern, scale, and extend Anaconda to deliver actionable insights that drive businesses and industries forward.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. We strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact.
We are seeking a Senior Director of Sales. You will have a key role with the leadership team in shaping how we go to market with our product offering. In this role you will have the opportunity to build the inside sales team to drive enterprise revenue for a leading data science platform, helping to define the processes, metrics, and tactics to ensure success. You will hire, coach, and develop inside sales reps and collaborate with the field sales team, to ensure continuity in sales communication and sales lifecycle management. This position has growth potential as our business scales.
What you will do:
- Build a world-class inside sales team from the ground up to achieve revenue targets
- Develop metrics, measurements, and KPIs we will use to measure success
- Work with the SDR team, with support from Marketing for lead generation and messaging
- Support, coach and mentor the inside sales team and ensure they receive adequate training, executive and technical support, and coaching on how to deliver against sales targets
- Support the field sales team and serve as liaison between inside and field to ensure strong account management, customer service, and mitigate account conflict
- Develop strong reporting cadence and provide insight to management on initiatives that work, best practice, and opportunities to improve performance
- Collaborate with product, marketing, inside sales, field sales, finance, sales ops, services, support, sales and implementation engineers and our customer success team
- Develop and create sales reporting, identify opportunities to improve process, and drive a predictable forecast
What you need:
- 7-10 years experience in sales, with emphasis in inside sales to enterprise and mid-market companies
- At least 4 years of management experience, ideally having built a team from the ground up
- Understanding of recurring revenue models with a land-and-expand approach for growing customer value
- Experience with go-to-market strategy; compensation; pricing models; hiring; and training
- History of delivering on ambitious goals, and consistently meeting and exceeding targets
- Ability to mentor team members while creating a positive, customer-focused culture, while being maniacally focused on revenue growth
- Strong process orientation, including the development of sales methodologies, forecast cadences, success measures, reporting structures, and coaching programs
- Experience with Salesforce and CPQ as well as prospecting and reporting tools such as Discover.org, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, InsightSquared etc.
- Collaborative mindset and demonstrated track record of working well with cross-functional teams to drive results. You exemplify one of our core values: ability and humility.
What will make you stand out:
- Experience in data science, SaaS, or open-source software industries
- High energy, intelligence, and a can-do attitude
- Experience working in a fast paced start up environment
Why you’ll love working here:
- A dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Casual dress code
- Work home Wednesdays (optional)
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!
- Parental Leave
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
About Anaconda Cloud Anaconda Cloud is where data scientists share their work. You can search and download popular Python and R packages and notebooks to jumpstart your data science work. You can also store your packages, notebooks and environments in Anaconda Cloud and share them with your team. If you’re looking to share a limited amount of your work publicly then our free service is perfect for you. Sign up today! If you’re looking to share larger collections and collaborate privately then our subscription plans are your answer. Anaconda Cloud is brought to you by Anaconda Inc.