Role: Manager, Engineering
Reports to: VP of Engineering
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 20 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning.
We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open-source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk or “what employees like most about working here” is that we are not just a company, but a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community strive to democratize data science and create and promote open-source technologies for a better world.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Manager, Engineering to join our rapidly growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your skills and passion for creating a unique culture and gain new skills in the world of data science and analytics.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and drive daily engineering operations and activities across engineering teams – ensuring that critical deliverables are tracked and managed
- Help organize and drive regular engineering planning exercises
- Be a strong advocate and driver for the Agile/SCRUM process at Anaconda
- Attend and facilitate daily SCRUM meetings, sprint planning meetings, sprint demos etc.
- Work with Product Management, Engineering leadership and other key stakeholders to help manage engineering roadmaps, short term and long term release plans, and delivery schedules to meet company and product goals. Ensure that expectations are aligned with deliverables
- Coordinate deliverables, dependencies, and schedules across the Anaconda Enterprise Engineering organization
- Work with QA team to ensure highest level of product quality and stability
- Help establish the cadence and manage the timely rollout of new releases
- Help establish and measure key performance indicators to manage operational metrics and improve the performance of the engineering team
- Communicate engineering strategy and vision to the engineering organization
- Consult on a regular basis with leadership to align expectations and deliverables
- Other duties as needed
What You Need:
- Experience in and prior responsibilities around managing engineering.
- Experience in handling multiple requirements from customers, product management, support and other key stakeholders and help negotiate the best possible solution to maximize product value with limited technical resources.
- Experience in leading and providing mentoring, coaching and guidance to talented user interface and QA engineers (or platform and devops engineers)
- Ability to work cross-functionaly across multiple teams and departments – identifying any hurdles to progress and improving internal and cross-functional communications and processes.
- Able to motivate, inspire and drive engineering teams to drive a culture of excellence and pride of ownership.
- Experience in working with Product Management to map product roadmaps to engineering schedules.
- Experience with summarizing and presenting key information, and proven ability to influence and drive decisions at the executive level.
- Proven ability to drive the engineering teams to be accountable for on-time delivery of quality features and products.
- Experience leading, managing and delivering with Agile processes.
- Proven track record of successful rollouts for large enterprise software product suites.
- Strong customer service mindset and great attention to detail.
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience in data science or machine learning company
- Experience working for an open source company
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!
About Anaconda Cloud Anaconda Cloud is where data scientists share their work. You can search and download popular Python and R packages and notebooks to jumpstart your data science work. You can also store your packages, notebooks and environments in Anaconda Cloud and share them with your team. If you’re looking to share a limited amount of your work publicly then our free service is perfect for you. Sign up today! If you’re looking to share larger collections and collaborate privately then our subscription plans are your answer. Anaconda Cloud is brought to you by Anaconda Inc.