Where packages, notebooks, projects and environments are shared.
Role: Support Engineer
Reports to: Director, Support
Location: US Remote
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the creator of the world’s most popular Python data science platform. With more than 18 million users, open-source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. Anaconda Enterprise allows organizations to collaborate, govern and deploy their Python and R data science in enterprise data centers and clouds. Customers include leading companies from the banking and financial services, energy, auto, technology, government and healthcare industries.
Anaconda is seeking individuals who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, while stressing empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other. We are employee-focused, actively working on projects that have a global impact, whether it's detecting fraud in the financial markets, accelerating cancer research, or fighting human trafficking and terrorism.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Support Engineer to support our Anaconda Platform suite of products. This candidate will join our rapidly growing company as part of our global support team and leverage his or her skills with a passion for creating a unique culture while gaining new skills in the world of data science and analytics.
What You’ll Do:
- Solve complex customer support tickets often involving multiple operating systems and web application issues.
- Effectively communicate technical information to customers and developers.
- Identify and document bugs and feature requests on behalf of our enterprise customers.
- Create and publish knowledge base articles on subjects that would provide customers with the tools they need to resolve issues on their own.
- Working in a ticket queue with SLAs
- Work with team to troubleshoot complex problems
- Debugging code and helping customers solve problems with python and conda eco systems
- Software installs - Anaconda enterprise applications on customer infrastructure
- On-call rotation
What You Need:
- 3-5 years experience
- Linux Systems Admin. Networking understanding
- Cloud (AWS, Google, Azure) and VM infrastructure experience
- Docker experience and knowledge of Kubernetes
- Persistent drive to improve workflows and make things better
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Superior communication skills
- Python debugging
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- Hands-on Kubernetes and Docker experience
- Kubernetes experience
- Set achievable customer expectations
- Experience with conda installs
- Proficiency on one or more scripting language
- Python development experience
- Deep curiosity and a passion for helping people
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- A dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
About Anaconda Cloud Anaconda Cloud is where data scientists share their work. You can search and download popular Python and R packages and notebooks to jumpstart your data science work. You can also store your packages, notebooks and environments in Anaconda Cloud and share them with your team. If you’re looking to share a limited amount of your work publicly then our free service is perfect for you. Sign up today! If you’re looking to share larger collections and collaborate privately then our subscription plans are your answer. Anaconda Cloud is brought to you by Anaconda Inc.
Want to learn more about Anaconda? Visit Anaconda's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.