Product Manager, Marketplace
Anaconda, Remote, US, Remote, UK
Where packages, notebooks, projects and environments are shared.
Role: Product Manager, Marketplace
Location: Remote, US, Remote, UK
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 26 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is why people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Product Manager, Marketplace to join our rapidly-growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your experience and skills and apply it to the world of data science and machine learning We are looking for a customer-focused and results-oriented technical product manager to define all aspects of a multi-sided Marketplace - develop a strategy and vision, build and execute feature roadmaps from start to finish. This role will develop an in-depth understanding of data science workflows, buyers' journeys, and offerings from businesses and consumers alike to develop the UX design for intuitive discovery and simple transactions between Buyers and Sellers. Additionally, this role will form a close collaboration with engineering and, sales & marketing teams internally and commerce platform vendors externally to develop and communicate the marketplace feature roadmap across all stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have experience building and running B2B, B2C, or C2B marketplaces and the ability to work backward and think from a buyer and seller perspective with a strong bias for action, speed, and prioritizing the most important things.
What You’ll Do:
- Set and drive ambitious goals and the vision and the roadmap to deliver on them - define a data-driven and research-based strategy and feature roadmap for quick onboarding for sellers and intuitive discovery and transaction for buyers.
- Develop a buyer's integrated and streamlined journey across multiple touch-points on our platform.
- Define seller onboarding requirements, policies, and processes that will scale to businesses and individuals globally.
- Build an industry-leading UX design that is visually engaging and functionally fast and simple for buyers and sellers.
- Make recommendations about whether to build, buy, or partner for critical capabilities required to deliver quality seller and buyer experiences.
- Work on solving in-depth problems in both buyer and seller sides of the marketplace in solid partnership with engineering, sales, legal, finance, and marketing teams.
- Implement best in class product development and management practices, communicating product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, company, sellers, and buyers.
- Define, monitor, and measure success metrics after launch. Consistently integrate behavior data and feedback into crucial product decisions.
What You Need:
- 5+ years of product management in developing/launching marketplaces or SaaS products and services
- 5+ years of experience developing/launching products and/or technologies
- Track record of innovating on behalf of buyers and sellers and addressing business needs and customer pain points.
- Experience in the SaaS domain, including cloud platforms, marketplaces, and UX
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities
- Experience in testing at scale, including partnering with internal and external stakeholders to build new features
- Team attitude: “I am not done, until WE are done”
- Embody our core values:
- Ability & Humility
- Innovation & Action
- Empathy & Connection
- Care deeply about fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and experiences can flourish
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working in a open source or data science-oriented company
- Must be able to think strategically with the ability to dive into details
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Health and Remote working reimbursement
- Paid parental leave - both mothers and fathers
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy and monthly company days off known as Snake Days
- 100% remote and flexible working policy – we embrace this fully through how we operate as a company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
About Anaconda Cloud Anaconda Cloud is where data scientists share their work. You can search and download popular Python and R packages and notebooks to jumpstart your data science work. You can also store your packages, notebooks and environments in Anaconda Cloud and share them with your team. If you’re looking to share a limited amount of your work publicly then our free service is perfect for you. Sign up today! If you’re looking to share larger collections and collaborate privately then our subscription plans are your answer. Anaconda Cloud is brought to you by Anaconda Inc.
Want to learn more about Anaconda? Visit Anaconda's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one