Sales Development Manager
Andela, Austin, USA
Andela was founded on a simple truth: Brilliance is evenly distributed.
Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and the businesses that will power tomorrow’s economy. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
- Coach and mentor a team of outbound SDRs focused on delivering qualified sales meetings to our account executive team
- Immerse yourself in data, driving individuals and our team to meet and exceed KPIs
- Recruit, hire and train additional SDRs to expand our team
- Establish effective sales development strategies that scale as our team grows
- Management experience of 5-10 SDRs in similarly high-growth tech companies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven success leading a team in a quota-carrying position, or as an individual contributor
- 4+ years of sales or SD work experience—start-up or trained sales experience a plus
In the first 30 days you will:
- Audit the organization and define the resources, communication channels, and support needed to help you and the business succeed
- Identify priorities and/or quick wins that will help our demand generation efforts for the next quarter
In the first 90 days you will:
- Develop a replicable approach to high-volume outreach that incorporates Andela’s uniquely consultative style of sales
- Help produce sales collateral, copy, and enablement materials to optimize for our SDRs’ output efficiency
- Provide structure and collaborative coaching for a growing team of entry-level sales professionals
Building the next generation of tech leaders In the next ten years, there will be 1.3M software development jobs created and only 400,000 domestic computer science graduates to fill them. Africa, meanwhile, is home to the largest untapped talent pool and seven of the 10 fastest growing internet populations in the world. We founded Andela in 2014 to build a network of technology leaders on the African continent and bridge the divide between the U.S and African tech sectors. Leveraging a proven, data-driven approach, we build high-performing engineering teams with Africa’s top developers to help companies overcome the tech talent shortage and build better products, faster.