Senior Manager - Analytics and Operations, Technical Recruiting
Andela, Lagos, Nigeria, Nairobi, Kenya, Kampala, Uganda, Kigali, Rwanda.
Andela was founded on a simple truth: Brilliance is evenly distributed.
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali, Cairo and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the role:
Andela has recently surpassed the exciting milestone of 1,700 Andelans (1200+ software engineers) globally, and plans to double over the next year — our Engineering hiring team will drive much of that growth. Andela is looking to hire a strategic and analytical leader to build and drive the analytics and operations team for Andela’s Engineering Recruiting division.
The analytics and operations team will move swiftly and collaboratively. The teams default mode of operating will focus on leveraging Looker, Hubspot, Greenhouse, HackerRank and other third-party API enabled software tools to ensure world-class analytics, forecasting, reporting, and efficiency as we scale to recruit thousands of engineers per year.
This role requires next level excellence in business-minded analytical thinking. The right leader will excel in project and stakeholder management. The right candidate for this role is equally fluent in analysis, process design, and guiding large teams to deliver against clearly mapped work plans.
- Driving a high-performing, strategic and data-driven Analytics/Operations group that enables Andela to scale the operations of its Engineering Recruitment
- Being a motivated self-starter who drives initiatives from start to finish, and can work effectively at all levels of the organization across the uniquely cross-cultural Andela environment.
- Creating and managing quarterly operational planning process; working closely with leaders in Recruiting, Staffing, Business Operations and Partner Engineering
- Project Management
- Drive execution of large-scale projects that directly impact business results
- Lead cross-functional project teams through the planning, design, operational optimization, and communication of sustainable and scalable Recruiting programs
- Driving our hiring recap meetings with department heads to ensure alignment on hiring progress vs business needs, across a range of aspects
Guiding the Recruiting team to think critically and innovatively to address hiring challenges
- Data Analysis
- Lead analytical deep-dives to explain org performance, identify issues and uncover levers for improvement
- Identify inefficiencies, and scope, plan and conduct analyses to successfully execute strategic and operational projects
- Proficiency with data analysis; ability to interpret, analyze and manipulate data strategically
- Primary point person with Andela’s data and analytics team
- Communication / Collaboration:
- Clearly and concisely communicate findings to senior management
- Structure and package work into compelling presentations and communications that influence various audiences, including executives
- Experienced in project managerial and leadership capacities, and knowledge/experience within Talent Acquisition
- 5+ years experience across consulting, operational leadership, strategic recruiting or project managerial capacities - ideally within technology or top-tier consulting
- Structured, logical, and creative thinking: the ability to dissect a problem using a critical approach and iteratively test solutions
- Proficiency with data analysis; prior use and ability to articulate effective methods of leveraging tools like Looker, Tableau, Stata, Hubspot, Salesforce etc.
- Established track record in driving cross-functional initiatives with measurable impact
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present clear, well-thought out recommendations
- Produce articulate and persuasive cross-functional leadership-level presentations of strategic initiatives
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Insurance coverage
- Equity package
- Beautiful working environment
- Continental travel opportunities
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Building the next generation of tech leaders In the next ten years, there will be 1.3M software development jobs created and only 400,000 domestic computer science graduates to fill them. Africa, meanwhile, is home to the largest untapped talent pool and seven of the 10 fastest growing internet populations in the world. We founded Andela in 2014 to build a network of technology leaders on the African continent and bridge the divide between the U.S and African tech sectors. Leveraging a proven, data-driven approach, we build high-performing engineering teams with Africa’s top developers to help companies overcome the tech talent shortage and build better products, faster.
Want to learn more about Andela? Visit Andela's website.
Jobs You May Like
Community Advocate - US West
Elastic, Distributed, US
Senior Program Manager
Flatiron School, Seattle
Tech Talent Sourcer
Flatiron School, New York, NY
Sourcer (Fixed Term)
Pinterest, Dublin, Ireland
Senior Business Recruiter - Creative/Marketing
Honey, Downtown Los Angeles