Andela, New York City
Andela was founded on a simple truth: Brilliance is evenly distributed.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Google Ventures and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Learn more about us at www.andela.com.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Account Manager to drive consultative upselling with Andela’s top-performing clients. You will work directly with clients to meet their core business needs through strategic placement of our world-class developers.
With your strong technical experience and in-depth look into our clients’ needs, you will develop practicable solutions that support both our clients’ business growth, as well as our fellows’ professional development.
You are passionate about innovative business models that drive sustainable impact, and you’ve developed rigorous and systematic techniques for prospecting, sales, and upsell success. While our senior account manager will mentor you, your day-to-day will mostly consist of work with our clients’ lead engineers and product designers, as well as our distributed fellows in Lagos and/or Nairobi.
In this job you will:
- Cooperate directly with clients to understand their technical and staffing needs
- Upsell our service to existing clients to grow revenue and placement opportunities
- Explore new ways of serving client needs based on changing technical requirements
- Coordinate internationally with clients and fellows, from SF to Lagos and beyond
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- 3-5 years of experience in technical account management, sales, client success roles
- BA or equivalent in international relations, business, finance, or a technical field
- You have a robust data-driven upsell methodology that you continually improve
- You are passionate about pitching Andela’s uniquely challenging value proposition
- Your clients love working with you, and your business thrives because of it
- You’ve successfully grown a book of business for an enterprise sales cycle longer than 30 days
- You have work experience in other tech startups and/or the developing world
Building the next generation of tech leaders In the next ten years, there will be 1.3M software development jobs created and only 400,000 domestic computer science graduates to fill them. Africa, meanwhile, is home to the largest untapped talent pool and seven of the 10 fastest growing internet populations in the world. We founded Andela in 2014 to build a network of technology leaders on the African continent and bridge the divide between the U.S and African tech sectors. Leveraging a proven, data-driven approach, we build high-performing engineering teams with Africa’s top developers to help companies overcome the tech talent shortage and build better products, faster.
Want to learn more about Andela? Visit Andela's website.
Jobs You May Like
Regional Manager, Inside Sales - SF
Looker, San Francisco
Enterprise Account Executive
Segment, San Francisco
Enterprise Account Executive
Sales Engineer - EMEA
Mimosa, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
Sr. Solutions Pre-Sales Consultant
Tradeshift, San Francisco, California
Senior Manager, Business Operations
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA