Andela, Kampala, Uganda
Andela was founded on a simple truth: Brilliance is evenly distributed.
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the Onboarding Facilitator role
The Onboarding Facilitator is a bundle of energy, emotional intelligence, and cultural sensitivity. They are responsible for building and executing an immersive onboarding experience of Andela’s mission, culture, and values for new Andelans as they join us on our journey to global transformation.
This individual just cannot contain their desire for the world to be a better place through human transformation. They continuously seek ways to encourage people to own their transformation for the good of the world.
They speak with passion and detail, they listen with focus and empathy. They have a knack for enabling others to see the value in being part of something bigger.
They are exceptional at professional writing and public speaking. They consistently exceed the standards of everyone around you, but you rarely exceed your own standards.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Facilitate the Month 1 onboarding experience for new Andelans
- Run daily mentally and spiritually stimulating activities for new Andelans to find their sense of purpose within Andelan
- Be vocal and behavioral proponents of the Andela values
- Foster an environment where new Andelans can safely make a lasting transition from local cultures and beliefs to Andela cultures and beliefs
Qualifications and Characteristics:
You’re a good fit for this role if you:
- successfully worked in a cultural onboarding capacity or as an improved teacher/instructor/facilitator, receiving multiple recognitions for your team work, and your continuous demonstrations of leadership.
- (with and without a team) have built onboarding and team building materials along with data tracking tools.
- seek to build an Africa where excellence, passion, integrity, and collaboration are the norm
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Building the next generation of tech leaders In the next ten years, there will be 1.3M software development jobs created and only 400,000 domestic computer science graduates to fill them. Africa, meanwhile, is home to the largest untapped talent pool and seven of the 10 fastest growing internet populations in the world. We founded Andela in 2014 to build a network of technology leaders on the African continent and bridge the divide between the U.S and African tech sectors. Leveraging a proven, data-driven approach, we build high-performing engineering teams with Africa’s top developers to help companies overcome the tech talent shortage and build better products, faster.
Want to learn more about Andela? Visit Andela's website.
Jobs You May Like
Back Office Analyst - Temporary
Nextdoor, San Francisco, CA
Qualtrics , Seattle
K-4th Grade Teacher (2018-2019)
Alpha Public Schools, Alpha Public Schools
Global Recruitment Leader
indaHash, Poland, Warsaw
Associate Instructor, Full Stack Developer