Andela, Kampala, Uganda
Andela was founded on a simple truth: Brilliance is evenly distributed.
Type: Full Time
Experience: Mid-Senior Level
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
Andela believes that talent is evenly distributed. You are a proven leader that will build and lead the team that helps prove this belief by effectively executing the roadmap of Andela’s operations in Uganda, investing in communities of talent, and scaling up the team that enables Andela to achieve its business goals and impact-oriented mission. You have a track record of running high-performance groups with a balance of innovation and accountability. You are equally passionate about developing the vision, framework and tools to define and achieve success and providing guidance to the growing team responsible for achieving that vision.
- Support the scaling of Andela Uganda Operations including but not limited to:
- Financial Systems
- Real Estate
- Rate of growth
- Risks and Risk Mitigation approaches
- Create Global Operations Alignment with offices in Lagos, Nairobi and NYC based on overall strategy and prioritization
- Identify key areas of growth with respect to Andela’s early growth in the Ugandan market
- Identify points for process/system improvements and work with operations team to effect change
- Ensure operational excellence and service to all departments : Success, Talent, Learning, People & Culture, Facilities, and IT
- Provide support for country leadership in developing playbooks for recruitment and operations
Qualifications & Characteristics
- 5+ years of post-undergraduate, full-time work experience
- Experience managing operations, including detailed budgeting and reporting, in a complex environment
- Record of strong academic performance from a leading undergraduate and, if attended, graduate institution
- Ability to powerfully share and evolve Andela’s brand and voice and compellingly represent to a range of partners
- Enthusiasm for working in a dynamic, fast-paced, ambitious environment
- Cultural fit with an organization that is transparent, feedback-focused, innovative, nimble, and results-oriented
- Experience at start-ups a plus, but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Building the next generation of tech leaders In the next ten years, there will be 1.3M software development jobs created and only 400,000 domestic computer science graduates to fill them. Africa, meanwhile, is home to the largest untapped talent pool and seven of the 10 fastest growing internet populations in the world. We founded Andela in 2014 to build a network of technology leaders on the African continent and bridge the divide between the U.S and African tech sectors. Leveraging a proven, data-driven approach, we build high-performing engineering teams with Africa’s top developers to help companies overcome the tech talent shortage and build better products, faster.
Want to learn more about Andela? Visit Andela's website.
Jobs You May Like
Certified Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy Experience
Heal, Washington DC
India - Technical Recruiter
Customer Success Manager
BetterUp, San Francisco
Partner Operations Manager
Box, Redwood City, CA
Regional Sales Operations Manager - London