Technical Team Lead (Full Stack Engineer)
Andela, Kampala, Uganda, Nairobi, Kenya, Lagos, Nigeria
Andela was founded on a simple truth: Brilliance is evenly distributed.
Do you have the potential, skills, and desire to become one of the top 10% Technology Leaders in the world?
At Andela, we believe that Technology Leaders are defined by their ability to model, capture, and transfer the mindset and best practices of their craft to any technology professional from entry level developers to senior software engineers.
In this role you will nurture that expertise by daily investing in the next generation of African technology leaders to gain the skills needed to be globally employable software developers.
- Drive teams of software developers (junior and senior) to rapidly develop great software products
- Inspire and Mentor aspiring Software Developers and Software Development Learning Facilitators
- Support the learning and professional development of dozens of Africa's most talented software developers every day
- Deliver actionable feedback and support multiple learners to grow significantly
- Drive creative solutions that improve the standard of our software products and learning programs
- Model Technical Leadership that other Facilitators can look up to and learn from
- Take ownership of our vision and help us innovate, grow, and thrive as a department and an organization
- Collaboratively and passionately deliver excellent work with integrity everyday
- Continuously level up your own skills and grow with the organization
- The ideal candidate for the role MUST have experience with the following:
- Minimum 4 years working experience (or equivalent experience with multiple professional software development product teams) in Full-stack Software Development
- JS (Node/Angular/Meteor/React)
- Python (Flask/Django)
- Ruby (Rails)
- Mobile Development (Android/iOS)
- Experience with Agile Software Development Techniques and Tools
- SCRUM/Kanban/Extreme Programming
- Trello/Pivotal Tracker/Zenhub
- Version Control (Github/Bitbucket)
- Continuous Integration
- Leading teams to build and deploy Professional Software Products
- Relational/Business/People/Soft Skills experience
- EPIC Values alignment
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast whilst delivering value on it simultaneously
- Other desirable skills that it would be nice for an ideal candidate to have experience in include:
- Software Development Instructional Design
- Curriculum design
- Program development
- Setup Workshops, Bootcamps, Developer Groups or Forums
- Mentorship or Coaching in Software Engineering
- Facilitated learning in a structured learning environment
- Mentored or coached upcoming developers in a structured or unstructured setting
- Spoke at Tech Forums or workshops
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Building the next generation of tech leaders In the next ten years, there will be 1.3M software development jobs created and only 400,000 domestic computer science graduates to fill them. Africa, meanwhile, is home to the largest untapped talent pool and seven of the 10 fastest growing internet populations in the world. We founded Andela in 2014 to build a network of technology leaders on the African continent and bridge the divide between the U.S and African tech sectors. Leveraging a proven, data-driven approach, we build high-performing engineering teams with Africa’s top developers to help companies overcome the tech talent shortage and build better products, faster.
Want to learn more about Andela? Visit Andela's website.
Jobs You May Like
Co-op, Software Engineering Intern
XO Group, New York
Product Support Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.
Senior UI/UX Designer
Oh My Green, Burlingame, CA
Relic Entertainment, Vancouver, BC
Senior iOS Developer
Senior Developer (m/w)