Technical Lead (Technical Success Manager)
Andela, Lagos, Nigeria
Andela was founded on a simple truth: Brilliance is evenly distributed.
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Technical Success Manager Position:
As a Technical Success Manager, you will primarily manage Developers placed on engagements with Partners, and ensure that teams are working well together. You would walk a very fine line between the Success of our Partners and the Success of our Developers. Our Partners operate in a wide-range of industries, but their common thread is that they create mobile and/or web-based products that bring value to their customers through the use of technology. As a key Partner-facing member of Andela’s Partner support team, you will be responsible for providing team and engagement support in relevant areas. Our core consulting model is embedded software developers and teams. Distributed work environments are growing in popularity but the lack of physical proximity still brings unique operational challenges. No two days will ever be alike, variety will be constant. With your knowledge of business, technology, remote communication and agile project management, you will help make the distance between our engineers and their teams---thousands of kilometers in most cases---feel like a logistical afterthought.
The specific responsibilities of the Technical Success Manager position include:
- Direct Management of up to 20 Developers embedded within global Partners, to ensure their success
- Accountable for technical delivery of Developers embedded with up to 10 Partners
- Collaborate with Solution Architect and Partner Experience to ensure engagement support
- Primary technical delivery/quality escalation point both to Partners and Developers in terms of:
- Ensuring Developer’s delivery are aligned with Partners goals and visions
- Ensuring that Developers understand business context, value and impact of their tasks
- Working with Developers in regards task brainstorm, decomposition and prioritization
- Providing high level design support on how to solve specific coding challenges.
- Performing code reviews when required
- Guide the first 30-days impression relative to effective communication, on-boarding expectations etc.
- Share, advocate for and promote best practices in engagements across their team
- Mentor and Coach direct reports on their team
- Accountable for Partner and Developer related action plans, to resolve delivery concerns
- Support Success via reporting compliance using key internal tools
- KPI monitoring/review to enable Partner/Team/Developer success and compliance
- Collaborate on Developer’s Performance Management: tracking, plans, process, review, survey
- Support the Senior Success Manager (SSM) on strategic, operational, and team areas
- Effective collaboration with other Success Managers (Success Operations, Consultant Manager etc.)
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidate for this role you:
- Have a 4-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field from accredited University
- Have at least 4 years experience working in software development, technology consulting etc.
- Are proficient in at least one of the following stacks:
- Ruby/Ruby on Rails,
- iOS/Objective C
- Have a strong understanding of agile software development techniques
- Have experience working remotely as an effective member of a team
- Have vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)
- Have a strong desire to coach and mentor Developers
- Have ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have strong leadership skills.
- Are motivated by our mission to advance human potential
- Are passionate about evolving technology landscape and its use to solve business problems
- Have the ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Building the next generation of tech leaders In the next ten years, there will be 1.3M software development jobs created and only 400,000 domestic computer science graduates to fill them. Africa, meanwhile, is home to the largest untapped talent pool and seven of the 10 fastest growing internet populations in the world. We founded Andela in 2014 to build a network of technology leaders on the African continent and bridge the divide between the U.S and African tech sectors. Leveraging a proven, data-driven approach, we build high-performing engineering teams with Africa’s top developers to help companies overcome the tech talent shortage and build better products, faster.
Want to learn more about Andela? Visit Andela's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Engineer, Search and Machine Learning
Vimeo, New York, NY
Engineering Manager - Creator Experience
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Project Leader Electrical Machine
IT Support Manager
Sr. Software Engineer - Voice Connectivity
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Tester QA (H/F)
Vestiaire Collective, Paris