Field & Event Marketing Manager
Andela, New York, USA,
Andela was founded on a simple truth: Brilliance is evenly distributed.
Marc Andressen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peek behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and growing their business. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
Andela is seeking a Field & Event Marketing Manager, responsible for developing and executing field events that drive pipeline. The ideal candidate is a team player with excellent cross-functional project management skills, a deep understanding of field marketing, with an outstanding track record of supporting sales teams with quality events.
Reporting to the Head of Demand Generation, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Drive excellence in the field event discipline; deliver events that impress and stand out from the ordinary.
- Own end-to-end field event planning, project management, and logistics from initial planning to post-event program follow up.
- Manage onsite logistics (location, promo items, meetings), acting as the primary point of contact for internal/external team.
- Facilitate timely lead processing, measure event impact, and develop post-event reports and insights and campaign metric tracking.
- Own project management, documentation, event calendar, and process used for managing Event Marketing programs & tradeshows.
- Manage event budget; evaluate results against goals, and generate learnings for improvement.
- Work with various departments (executive staff, sales, product marketing, etc.) to recruit, prepare and support thought leadership opportunities (speaking engagements) at events and conferences.
- Meticulously maintain the marketing events calendar so that all internal customers have up-to-the-minute access to the planning that is going on behind any given event.
- Support demand gen team in various campaign activities when not busy with field events.
- 3-5 years of experience in event/field marketing
- 2+ years of marketing for B2B high-tech products/solutions
- Experience using a marketing automation platform (Marketo, Hubspot, etc)
- Strong communication, negotiation, and budget-management skills, with the ability to work across all levels of an organisation
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Passion for results, measurement and optimisation to continuously drive ROI
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility and a “can do” attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Building the next generation of tech leaders In the next ten years, there will be 1.3M software development jobs created and only 400,000 domestic computer science graduates to fill them. Africa, meanwhile, is home to the largest untapped talent pool and seven of the 10 fastest growing internet populations in the world. We founded Andela in 2014 to build a network of technology leaders on the African continent and bridge the divide between the U.S and African tech sectors. Leveraging a proven, data-driven approach, we build high-performing engineering teams with Africa’s top developers to help companies overcome the tech talent shortage and build better products, faster.