Account Executive - Growth
Andela, California, USA
Andela was founded on a simple truth: Brilliance is evenly distributed.
Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and the businesses that will power tomorrow’s economy. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
Learn more about us at www.andela.com.
Andela is looking for an Account Executive to join the Growth team! As a key member of our Growth organization, you’ll play an invaluable role in Andela’s strategy and sell into some of the top engineering leaders in the world. You’ll be an individual contributor focusing solely on new business, selling to prospects and managing qualified leads generated by our sales development organization. You’ll also leverage your own prospecting skills to bolster your pipeline, all the while contributing to best practices that support the success of your greater team.
Who you are:
- Confident: You’re a natural at conveying value, and you know how to stand your ground.
- Dedicated: You love to sell, and you have a track record that shows you’re good at it.
- Persuasive: You’re an expert at navigating difficult conversations and getting your customers on board.
- Adaptable: You’re positive in the face of adversity and love the challenge of an ever-changing environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You love solving new problems, and you’re comfortable taking initiative, while working with imperfect information.
- Results-oriented: You have a bias for action and don't give up easily.
What you’ll do:
- Speak to CTO, VPE’s, & other engineering leaders about their challenges around scaling robust teams
- Be a consultant, market expert, and and advisor to engineering teams
- Drive an effective sales process to hit your quarterly and annual goals
- Actively prospect with a mixture of cold calling, emailing, and social selling to supplement the lead flow provided by a dedicated team of Sales Development Representatives
- Work closely with Sales Engineers to provide recommendations based on a customer’s engineering leads
- Drive week in and week out to to meet and exceed your KPI’s
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You have at least 2 years of experience in sales
- You have experience selling complex products/services into companies with up to 500 employees
- You have a robust outbound sales methodology that involves a multi-thread approach
- You’ve had plenty of hits and misses--and can clearly discuss the lessons learned from those misses
- You’ve successfully sold in a high velocity model with sales cycle under 60 days
- Experience working with engineering leaders and C-Level executives is a huge plus!
- Startup experience is a plus
- Remote-first work culture! Our office is the internet!
- Work on a dynamic, growing team
- Join at the start of an exciting venture
Building the next generation of tech leaders In the next ten years, there will be 1.3M software development jobs created and only 400,000 domestic computer science graduates to fill them. Africa, meanwhile, is home to the largest untapped talent pool and seven of the 10 fastest growing internet populations in the world. We founded Andela in 2014 to build a network of technology leaders on the African continent and bridge the divide between the U.S and African tech sectors. Leveraging a proven, data-driven approach, we build high-performing engineering teams with Africa’s top developers to help companies overcome the tech talent shortage and build better products, faster.
Want to learn more about Andela? Visit Andela's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.