Senior Manager, Marketing Operations
Andela, New York, NY, USA
Andela was founded on a simple truth: Brilliance is evenly distributed.
Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was ten years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and the businesses that will power tomorrow’s economy. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2021.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and other emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of software development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative, and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
Andela is seeking a Senior Manager, Marketing Operations to lead all aspects of marketing operations to ensure the platforms, tools and processes are in place to generate, capture and nurture demand for both our prospect and talent audiences. The ideal candidate is a team player with excellent cross-functional project management skills, a deep understanding of marketing operations best practices, and a track record of designing and implementing effective and scalable marketing processes and systems.
You'll work closely with colleagues across Marketing, Sales, and Revenue Operations to evolve and optimize marketing technology and automation strategies and programs.
- Own the martech stack, including Marketo, Chat, ZoomInfo, and future technologies, (ABM and attribution)
- Define business analytics and work with team to maintain Marketo and Salesforce dashboards and reports to measure all aspects of the marketing lead generation engine: database cleanliness, campaign effectiveness, and overall pipeline and revenue performance
- Work closely with the Revenue Operations to identify and plug gaps in current processes, systems, and reporting
- Build, maintain, and implement best practices for marketing automation and demand generation in campaign management, lead routing, processes, and data integrity
- Optimize lead scoring and routing to ensure quality leads are passed to sales development, and increase efficiencies and conversion rates
- Hands-on: build out campaigns in SFDC & MKTO to support our marketing efforts, proactively troubleshoot and resolve issues
- In the first 30 days you have familiarized yourself with our current MarTech stack, understood how systems have been setup, will have created a centralized MOPs playbook, and will have updated our campaign templates
- In the first 60 days will have produced a MarketingOps roadmap, will have taken control of the backlog, and will be fully responsible for our infrastructure, and making improvements with to it with our RevOps team
- In the first 90 days, will have improved our reporting capabilities, and will have introduced new new tools to our stack
- 5+ years of experience in marketing operations management
- Experience with Salesforce reporting and Marketo certified
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data to drive decision-making
- Experience evaluating and implementing marketing and sales technologies
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced, collaborative and highly dynamic environment
- Self-motivated and able to handle multiple competing priorities; exception project management skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Incredibly detail oriented
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
This role is fully remote
Building the next generation of tech leaders In the next ten years, there will be 1.3M software development jobs created and only 400,000 domestic computer science graduates to fill them. Africa, meanwhile, is home to the largest untapped talent pool and seven of the 10 fastest growing internet populations in the world. We founded Andela in 2014 to build a network of technology leaders on the African continent and bridge the divide between the U.S and African tech sectors. Leveraging a proven, data-driven approach, we build high-performing engineering teams with Africa’s top developers to help companies overcome the tech talent shortage and build better products, faster.
Want to learn more about Andela? Visit Andela's website.
Disrupting how fans discover the best new music and events