Technical Delivery Manager
Andela was founded on a simple truth: Brilliance is evenly distributed.
Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
About the role
As Andela evolves into a marketplace for global talent, the Technical Delivery organization also evolves its model for delivering high quality software engineering services for our Clients.
Our core delivery model is embedded teams of software engineers who are remote and distributed. As such, you’ll need to be an expert in enabling talented people to deliver their best, providing the support and quality control needed to help them through challenges, and developing the processes and protocols necessary to scale with our Clients. To ensure success, you’re focused on embedded delivery management, performance management, and delivery health & reporting. This success enablement can span post-sale technical clarity, onboarding risk management, ownership of ongoing delivery objectives, relationship building with Engineering Managers, capturing team’s impact, and mitigating churn by managing team’s performance, pulse-check and knowledge transfer. You always have an eye on how to ensure stability in delivery through a period of high change. You drive value for Partners/Engineers with your core competencies, creatively adapt to changing needs across industries, and amiably collaborate with stakeholders to create value propositions - in service to engineering magic of what Andela does.
We are thus seeking seasoned Technical Delivery Managers who are passionate about building the next generation of technology leaders in Africa and know what it takes to lead Engineering teams to successfully deliver for Clients. As the Technical Delivery Manager of Client Experience, you will collaborate with multiple stakeholder groups in Client Success, Client Support, Account Management, HR Business Partners and across Andela, to create a cohesive, integrated approach that enables delivery. You will create value by managing Engineers’ performance to fulfill Clients’ technical requirements. You'll identify Client's engineering gaps and partner to drive solutions that establish Andela teams as their most dependable delivery centers.
You are constantly asking yourself:
- How do I better ensure Andela Clients are wowed with the quality, engagement and productivity of their Andela Engineering teams?
- How do I better ensure that Andela’s Engineering teams are prepared, supported, and continue to grow as they deliver for our Clients?
You are eager for the challenge of providing exceptional engineering services. You have a high EQ and a strong moral compass in everything you do.
- Manage the technical aspects on Andela’s engagements, in a distributed environment, to deliver with excellence for Andela’s clients.
- Be the main escalation point and trusted collaborator for your clients, advising them on process improvements, team makeup, roadmap alignment, and issue resolution.
- Enforce engineering best practices to ensure quality is delivered.
- Vet engineers for proper technical aptitude and cultural fit for engagements and help to onboard them appropriately.
- Be aware of all aspects of your engagement, including client company/team make-up, relevant stakeholders and members, existing products, process, pain-points, and when possible, the roadmap.
- Manage the clients technical delivery objectives with respect to the Andela engineers, specifically; priorities, trade-offs, risks and escalations, working closely with your Client Success and Account Management counterparts.
- Identify opportunities to leverage new and emerging engineering delivery capabilities to drive improved value, quality, and velocity for our teams.
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the prioritization, performance, and stability.
- Foster a culture of excellence, passion, integrity and Collaboration and be a role model of our core values
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Sales, Client Success, Talent Solutions, Account Management) and members of the external Client
- Engineering department in multiple countries to staff and support our Clients.
- When working on project-based engagements, maintain and produce kick-off plans, progress reports, agile reports, risk analysis reports, and stakeholder reviews, as needed.
- Have a four-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university.
- A minimum of 4 years hands-on in a software engineering role.
- A minimum of 2 years in technical leadership and/or engineering management role.
- Technical proficiency in at least one core language.
- A strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, modern environments and build pipelines, standards and best practices, and development tools.
- Experience leading remote Engineering delivery teams in software development, technology consulting, and/or software product management.
- Experience working in an agile environment, with a strong understanding of roles, processes, core metrics, and how to strategically increase team velocity.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills and can work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Scrum Master certification and/or PMP/PMI certification preferred.
- A deep commitment to Andela’s mission.
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance (country-specific)
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.
Building the next generation of tech leaders In the next ten years, there will be 1.3M software development jobs created and only 400,000 domestic computer science graduates to fill them. Africa, meanwhile, is home to the largest untapped talent pool and seven of the 10 fastest growing internet populations in the world. We founded Andela in 2014 to build a network of technology leaders on the African continent and bridge the divide between the U.S and African tech sectors. Leveraging a proven, data-driven approach, we build high-performing engineering teams with Africa’s top developers to help companies overcome the tech talent shortage and build better products, faster.
Want to learn more about Andela? Visit Andela's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one