Director of Finance - Product and G&A Business Units
Andela was founded on a simple truth: Brilliance is evenly distributed.
Director of Finance (Product + G&A Business Unit)
Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long-term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C.way.
We are excited to continue building our team with incredible people like you!
About the role
As the Director of Finance, you will lead our Finance business partnership with our Product, Marketing, and G&A functions. In this cross-functional and highly visible role, you will be responsible for partnering with key leaders and their teams to deliver on Business and Financial objectives. This is both an analytical and strategic role that requires strong communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to effectively collaborate and partner with a broad spectrum of business stakeholders to influence and effect business decisions.
Reporting to the VP - Finance your responsibilities will include:
- Strategic Partnering:
- Working closely with the leadership and teams of key business functions to achieve the company-defined strategic and financial objectives by creating medium and long-term opportunity analysis to prioritize top-line growth initiatives across geographic regions, products, and market segments. Own end-to-end financial processes related to monthly forecasting, quarterly/annual planning, and long-range strategic planning and execution
- Performance Management:
- Tracking and managing key performance metrics and developing action plans. Working collaboratively with leadership to implement actions for opportunities, risk mitigation, and business improvement
- Analytics and Insights:
- Develop analytics and insights for to provide perspective for key decisions and help “steer the ship”
- Coordinate the budgeting process for key business functions in the development of strategic initiatives and operational goals, lead HC/OpEx cost planning, and provide insight for improving business effectiveness and driving efficient growth
- Develop strategies and models to maximize growth and ensure predictable, competitive performance by working with cross-functional teams.
- Play a leadership role on the FP&A team, including; developing strong financial leaders, maintaining a high-performing Finance Team, recruitment, retention, and demonstrating leadership that attracts, motivates, and engages top talent employee
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a Senior level FP&A role, leading teams
- A self-starter with exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Leadership ability, particularly in a remote setting
- An effective business partner with strong communication skills and able to effectively drive thought leadership and collaborate across departments
- The ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, high-growth, and global environment
- Experience with marketplaces and supporting technology teams
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance (country-specific)
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.
Building the next generation of tech leaders In the next ten years, there will be 1.3M software development jobs created and only 400,000 domestic computer science graduates to fill them. Africa, meanwhile, is home to the largest untapped talent pool and seven of the 10 fastest growing internet populations in the world. We founded Andela in 2014 to build a network of technology leaders on the African continent and bridge the divide between the U.S and African tech sectors. Leveraging a proven, data-driven approach, we build high-performing engineering teams with Africa’s top developers to help companies overcome the tech talent shortage and build better products, faster.
Want to learn more about Andela? Visit Andela's website.
Magically schedule meetingsThat’s us. That’s all we think about.