Director of TechOps
Animoto, New York, New York
Animoto turns photos and video into professional video slideshows in minutes.
What You’ll Do:
- Recruit and develop motivated engineers that fit well within the organization and help raise the overall Animoto engineering bar
- Collaborate with fellow engineering managers and stakeholders across the organization to design, test, and iterate on key areas of the product
- Ensure good engineering practices are being followed on your team, such as Agile workflow and writing tests
- Identify areas of strategic technical debt, perform cost/benefit analysis for resolving this debt, and communicate suggested priorities to the management team
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all systems in your sphere of influence by taking part in delivery of bug fixes or small improvements
- Triage incoming requests for the team and help set priorities
What We're Looking for:
- 2+ years of experience as a manager for TechOps, Infrastructure or other similar areas
- Strong track record of developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams
- You have experience working with large-scale cloud infrastructures
- You have reviewed applications, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure components, and driving reliability
- Deep hands-on experience with the design, development and deployment of business software at scale and current hands-on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Experience with compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, PCI etc.)
- Experience with technologies such as AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
Why Work for Animoto:
- Be a part of a thriving engineering team that partners with teams across the organization including product, design, and marketing.
- Learn and grow within a role that is important to you- we encourage exploration and the chance to work on interesting projects that challenge you professionally.
- You resonate with our company’s mission and value teamwork.
- We have an inclusive and quirky culture here! Ask us about our values: Humbletude, Betterfication, and Oomphosity.
- Great benefits. We offer competitive salary, bonus, equity, 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents, and paid time off to name a few.
At Animoto, we believe that video is the most powerful way to communicate what you care most deeply about -- whether that’s your catering business, your dog Fluffy, or penguin conservation in Antarctica. That’s why we spend an inordinate amount of brainpower to build products that make it easy, fun, and cost-effective for anyone to create professional videos on a computer or mobile device. At the end of the day, we’re all about helping people share their stories with the world through video.
Want to learn more about Animoto? Visit Animoto's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Backend
Lalamove, Hong Kong
Application Security Engineer
Collective Health, San Francisco
Engineering Manager/Technical Lead – Full Stack Web Development, Udemy for Business
Udemy, Ireland, Dublin
Software Engineer, Backend
metromile, San Francisco (Headquarters)
Sr. Systems Software Engineer
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Backend Team Leader