Looking for back-end Java engineers to develop back-end REST interfaces using Java, Spring, and Elasticsearch. You will work with a team of 8 engineers on the BioSurveillance Portal (BSP), a web platform used to provide real-time awareness, detection, tracking and collaboration on responses to biological events such as disease outbreaks. Candidates should be interested in working in a fast-paced environment using Agile methodologies with frequent customer feedback. Candidates for this position should also be experienced enough in Java and Spring to design and implement solutions with minimal supervision.
Core Position Requirements
- U.S. citizenship required
- Strong prior experience with Java and Spring
- Experience with Java-related tooling such as Maven, Ant, etc.
- Experience with Elasticsearch or NoSQL document stores such as MongoDB
Ideal candidates will also have some of the following:
- Containerization experience, Docker strongly preferred
- Configuration management experience, Puppet or Ansible strongly preferred
- Experience with messaging protocols such as Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Comfort with Linux/Unix operating systems
- Experience using Git source control
- Knowledge of Agile/Lean/Scrum methodologies
- Strong automated testing skills
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Hudson, or Travis
Other project details:
- Project team works core business hours
- Dress code is business casual
Top 5 Reasons to Work at Anthem Engineering:
- We realize that we all spend a considerable amount of time at work so it had better be fun!
- Do work you feel good about. Our mission is to save lives and taxpayer dollars. We work to enable the mission and create reusable capabilities that can be leveraged across a diverse customer set.
- We're always learning new technologies, frameworks, and tools so we can use the right ones for the emerging problems.
- You're not just another cog in a machine. We're invested in your growth as an individual, technical and otherwise. Everyone has a voice and is valued.
- Small companies are important to us. We enjoy the closeness, directness, and efficiency of working in a small company environment
Anthem Engineering is an EEO employer. We are committed to providing fair and equal employment consideration, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Please direct any questions regarding this position to [email protected].
About Anthem Engineering
WE'RE ANTHEM ENGINEERING Anthem Engineering is a software, systems, and solutions company focused on rapidly developing capabilities that make a difference. We believe that technology exists to serve the mission, not to serve itself. We use the most advanced technology available to solve problems for our customers. WE'RE A TEAM Our team is made of great technical talent with a diverse set of experiences with extensive backgrounds with the U.S. government and intelligence community. We have delivered solutions across a diverse set of missions, products, and platforms and use our experience to build better problem solving capabilities for our other customers. We've found that highly qualified engineers working closely with mission and business experts is the most effective, rapid, and impactful way of solving problems. Tight feedback loops between experts, engineers, and users lets us create solutions that are on target as efficiently as possible.
Want to learn more about Anthem Engineering? Visit Anthem Engineering's website.
Jobs You May Like
IT Support Specialist
Quality Engineer, Universal Directory (Senior)
Okta, San Francisco, San Jose
Senior Software Engineer - Back End .Net Core 2.2
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA
Site Reliability Engineer
TCGplayer, Atlanta, GA
Senior Software Test Engineer
Visa, Austin TX, US
Director of Security Engineering
Tinder, Los Angeles