- Architect, plan and build a performant and maintainable architecture to support all of App Academy’s needs as we continue to scale up our business.
- Ensure that the migration process goes smoothly
- Support our legacy systems as we make the transition.
- Discuss the implementation of engineering tasks entering the development pipeline
- Time-manage and complete your assigned engineering tasks according to deadlines
- Provide and receive code reviews to assure code reliability and improve team performance
- Ask questions and propose ideas to improve our apps in order to promote growth
- Analyze basic data sets to make engineering related decisions
Experience & Qualifications
- 3-5 years experience working with modern full stack applications
- Strong technical communications skills
- Ability to collaborate and contribute in a team-first environment
Nice to Haves
- A passionate learner: There’s currently lots to learn as we migrate to a new tech stack and pay off areas of technical debt. A hunger for learning is a key part of our team’s DNA, and we’re looking for someone who fits that mold.
- A driven self-starter: We’re a fully remote team that spans three different time zones, and our team believes in trusting each individual to consistently carry out their responsibilities at a high level.
- Someone who’s collaborative: We like collaborating and hanging out with each other. We enjoy pair programming on a weekly basis (& we also like playing board games).
What You Might be Looking For
- Do you want to work at a company where you can make a difference in other people’s lives? We’re continually building software and features that help the company grow as well as our customers. We truly believe that we’re building tools and software that helps the community.
- Do you enjoy working with team members who respect your ideas? Do you want to help grow younger developers and build a product that helps our customers learn and sharpen their programming skills?
Our Technical Stack & What We’re Moving Toward
- Moving Towards: C#/.NET Core; TypeScript/React; PostgreSQL (RDS); AWS (Fargate, Kinesis, S3); Docker
- Take responsibility for student success:. Everyone works together to enable student success.
- Follow the numbers. Decisions should be backed by data.
- Embrace a growth mindset. View challenges and failures as opportunities to improve.
- Start with why. See the big picture and question the status quo. If there’s a better way of doing things we should investigate it.
- Create an inclusive environment. We work together to promote empathy and respect amongst all students and staff.
- Build with urgency. Build like careers depend on it.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Employer-sponsored health insurance plans with 100% support for premiums
- Generous paid family leave program
- The opportunity to work with driven and talented colleagues committed to lifelong learning
About App Academy
App Academy is a software development school that seeks to change what people expect from education. App Academy offers a variety of training programs, including a 12-week immersive coding and job placement program, where 98% of graduates have been placed in software development roles at an average salary of $105,000 in San Francisco and $89,000 in New York City. We've trained over 2,000 students, more than 70,000 people have applied for the course, and we’ve been profitable for the last four years. Our tuition model is game-changing. Students only pay if they find a job within 12 months after the course. No job, no tuition. This allows us to select students for their talent and passion regardless of what’s in their bank account. Each course bootstraps dozens of students out of financial hardship. Graduates currently work at some of the top tech companies in the world including, Uber, Braintree, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Intuit, Mixpanel, Slack, Oracle, Pivotal Labs, Upstart, Vimeo, Stripe, Tumblr, and more.
Want to learn more about App Academy? Visit App Academy's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.