- Gather qualitative and quantitative data and insights to build a deep understanding of customer domains and problems - consumer customers that will take the course and the employer customers who will hire them upon graduation
- Develop product vision that maximizes the value that we can deliver to our customers
- Clearly communicate product vision and strategy to the team
- Work across key functional areas, including Academics, Placements, Engineering, Marketing, Finance & Ops, to build and execute product strategy, definition, implementation priorities and launch planning
- Develop and iterate on role designs that meet the needs of our students, and are operationally sustainable within our budget and service model
- Productize ongoing service delivery at a consistently high quality level
Experience & Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager
- Goal orientation and experience establishing and working towards goals
- Experience building high quality products (particularly edtech) or high ticket value tech enabled services (particularly bootcamps, sharing economy, hospitality) with a demonstrated ability to drive product planning, development and launch
- Track record of effectively prioritizing, communicating and coordinating efforts across teams
- Experience using analytics and data to inform product decisions and measure post-launch impact
- Experience defining and running an efficient product development process, including backlog management and prioritization, roadmap communication, sprint planning, and triage
Nice to Haves
- Education, EdTech, and/or bootcamp experience
- Experience owning and growing a $10M+ revenue product line
- Software engineering experience
- Take responsibility for student success -- Everyone works together to enable student success.
- Follow the numbers -- Decisions should be backed by data.
- Embrace a growth mindset -- View challenges and failures as opportunities to improve.
- Start with why -- See the big picture and question the status quo. If there’s a better way of doing things we should investigate it.
- Create an inclusive environment -- We work together to promote empathy and respect amongst all students and staff.
- Build with urgency -- Our products positively change lives.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Employer-sponsored health insurance plans with 100% support for premiums
- 401K company match
- The opportunity to work with driven and talented colleagues committed to lifelong learning
About App Academy
App Academy is a software development school that seeks to change what people expect from education. App Academy offers a variety of training programs, including a 12-week immersive coding and job placement program, where 98% of graduates have been placed in software development roles at an average salary of $105,000 in San Francisco and $89,000 in New York City. We've trained over 2,000 students, more than 70,000 people have applied for the course, and we’ve been profitable for the last four years. Our tuition model is game-changing. Students only pay if they find a job within 12 months after the course. No job, no tuition. This allows us to select students for their talent and passion regardless of what’s in their bank account. Each course bootstraps dozens of students out of financial hardship. Graduates currently work at some of the top tech companies in the world including, Uber, Braintree, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Intuit, Mixpanel, Slack, Oracle, Pivotal Labs, Upstart, Vimeo, Stripe, Tumblr, and more.
Want to learn more about App Academy? Visit App Academy's website.
Help the world share their story