People and Office Coordinator
App Academy, New York City, New York
See jobs at App Academy
- Contribute to a positive company culture by communicating company holidays, events, new staff arrivals, birthdays, and anniversaries
- Stay informed and help develop protocols on building compliance, including NY fire safety standards and NY COVID regulations as it pertains to office visits by staff members, reentry plans, and safety
- Build and maintain frequent and effective communications with the building managers and our other service providers (ie. IT) to effectively manage all facilities needs for 12,000 square feet office
- Manage inventory and maintenance for furniture, equipment, and supplies
- Provide quality service and care to prospective and enrolled students as a member of the customer success team
- Assist with new employee onboarding such as welcome emails, meetings, and equipment purchases
- Organize team events and activities, ranging from staff game nights to graduation ceremonies to community meetups
- Coordinate meetings, calendars, and visitor logistics
- Assist in managing twice-monthly all-hands meetings
- Work effectively with San Francisco office manager to collaborate on process improvement initiatives
- [During COVID / Remote work] Travel to the office once a week to handle mail, ship equipment to staff and students, and ensure the office is functioning properly
- [Once back in office] Be the first person to greet our students, staff, and guests in the office
Experience and Qualifications
- Always has a growth mindset, consistently seeking to learn and grow to meet new challenges and emerging customer desires
- Consistently communicates the why, how + what clearly to all interested stakeholders.
- Always engages teammates with positive intent thinking, empathy, authenticity and inclusiveness to create a safe and supported team environment
- Consummate professional with a passion for building culture
- Highly organized and extremely detail-oriented
- Able to prioritize and re-prioritize tasks and responsibilities in a changing environment
- Effective problem solver and ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communications skills (customer-service or retail experience is a plus)
- Experience with Google Suite tools: Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive
About App Academy
App Academy is a software development school that seeks to change what people expect from education. App Academy offers a variety of training programs, including a 12-week immersive coding and job placement program, where 98% of graduates have been placed in software development roles at an average salary of $105,000 in San Francisco and $89,000 in New York City. We've trained over 2,000 students, more than 70,000 people have applied for the course, and we’ve been profitable for the last four years. Our tuition model is game-changing. Students only pay if they find a job within 12 months after the course. No job, no tuition. This allows us to select students for their talent and passion regardless of what’s in their bank account. Each course bootstraps dozens of students out of financial hardship. Graduates currently work at some of the top tech companies in the world including, Uber, Braintree, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Intuit, Mixpanel, Slack, Oracle, Pivotal Labs, Upstart, Vimeo, Stripe, Tumblr, and more.
Want to learn more about App Academy? Visit App Academy's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.