- You will oversee the job search process for hundreds of students annually while maintaining App Academy’s industry-leading placement statistics
- You will especially work with students who may need additional tutoring and coaching on specific technical content areas that are taught during the 12 week curriculum at a/A
- You will deliver lectures on algorithms and other technical topics to groups of 80+ students, and act as the in-house expert on all types of technical content that might form part of the job interview process for our graduates
- You will continuously shore up your skills by keeping yourself abreast of latest technologies and help incorporate those in the curriculum when deemed appropriate
- You will find opportunities and take initiative to improve App Academy’s teaching methods, developing effective, scalable strategies to provide top-notch curriculum in a fast-paced environment
Experience & Qualifications
- You have experience in full stack web development and understand what it takes to be successful in this field
- You’re a problem solver, skilled at troubleshooting both practical and interpersonal problems
- You’re a strict yet uplifting mentor
- You give genuine feedback and expect the best out of every individual.
- You’re eager to help hard-working students reach their full potential and launch careers in the tech industry
- Take responsibility for student success. Everyone works together to enable student success.
- Follow the numbers. Decisions should be backed by data.
- Embrace a growth mindset. View challenges and failures as opportunities to improve.
- Start with why. See the big picture and question the status quo. If there’s a better way of doing things we should investigate it.
- Create an inclusive environment. We work together to promote empathy and respect amongst all students and staff.
- Competitive salary
- Employer-sponsored health insurance plans
- Unlimited paid time off
- Delicious catered lunch twice a week
- Great location near Bryant Park with easy access to transportation options
- Generous paid family leave program
- The opportunity to work with driven and talented colleagues committed to lifelong learning
About App Academy
App Academy is a software development school that seeks to change what people expect from education. App Academy offers a variety of training programs, including a 12-week immersive coding and job placement program, where 98% of graduates have been placed in software development roles at an average salary of $105,000 in San Francisco and $89,000 in New York City. We've trained over 2,000 students, more than 70,000 people have applied for the course, and we’ve been profitable for the last four years. Our tuition model is game-changing. Students only pay if they find a job within 12 months after the course. No job, no tuition. This allows us to select students for their talent and passion regardless of what’s in their bank account. Each course bootstraps dozens of students out of financial hardship. Graduates currently work at some of the top tech companies in the world including, Uber, Braintree, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Intuit, Mixpanel, Slack, Oracle, Pivotal Labs, Upstart, Vimeo, Stripe, Tumblr, and more.
Want to learn more about App Academy? Visit App Academy's website.
Jobs You May Like
Distribution Center (DC) Warehouse Associate- SIGNING BONUS
Brooks Running, US, Indiana, Whitestown
Manager, Brand Partnerships
Cheddar, New York
Elastic, Austin, Texas
Customer Service Expert
Enjoy, Tampa, FL
Director, Head of Global Operations Strategy and Project Management
Flexport, San Francisco, CA
Senior Data Engineer
Updater, WeWork Office in Oakland, CA