App Annie is the industry's most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Fueling world-class, mobile businesses since 2010, App Annie's mission is to power mobile transformation and enable customers to deliver winning experiences.
If you’re an experienced public relations professional with a flair for crafting compelling corporate stories and are excited about using data to convey the story of how mobile is transforming industries and the lives of consumers, App Annie would love to meet you!
Driving the story of App Annie and the transformative power of mobile
You will lead App Annie’s media relations and social media strategy, including the management of influencer marketing programs in the Americas. We seek talent that will help us drive the mobile data market forward, as well as blaze new paths to reflect our expanded company and industry vision. With a client roster that spans nearly every critical consumer industry, you will be identifying themes and developing stories that drive quality coverage and share our value to the market.
You will lead the development of our messaging and our communications while working with our partner agency, your regional PR counterparts, and App Annie executives. You will work closely with global marketing, the insights team, and company spokespeople. You will report directly to the Executive Vice President of Global Marketing & Insights.
What you will do:
- Corporate messaging development: Refine and evolve the core story of App Annie, not just in the Americas, but also globally.
- Media relations and communications strategy: drive brand awareness, elevate our thought leadership, and best position the value of App Annie to the market through high level placements in mainstream and industry media, social media, and speaking opportunities
- Developing unique, captivating stories revealed by our data: work with agency and regional counterparts to pitch the stories to media; use the stories in social media and other integrated marketing campaigns to drive demand generation and pipeline
- Developing high-impact content and assets: including but not limited to press releases, bylines, blog posts, and social media posts
- Driving PR performance: Develop metrics to assess the performance of our media relations and communication strategy and recommend future strategies
- Candidate needs to be a problem solver and present scrappy ways to move ideas forward with little guidance
- Developing ongoing communications plans to support key brand efforts, major industry (i.e., E3, MAU, MWC) and owned events and activities (i.e., media roundtables, annual reports, benchmark data, etc.), product launches, announcements, and campaigns
You will bring:
- 8+ years of experience at PR Agency and/or in-house (ideal candidate has both)
- Demonstrated success in accomplishing key business objectives spanning brand awareness, media placements, and demand generation
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships quickly and effectively communicate with all levels
- Excellent writing, communicating, and storytelling abilities
- Excellent project management and organizational skills that can easily pivot from one activity and focus area to another
- Relevant media contacts and experience managing relationships with media
- Experience in managing the story development process—strategy/plan development, briefing & successful execution
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in communications or journalism, or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Ability to work from App Annie’s San Francisco office; limited telecommuting.
What we offer:
- Lots of responsibility + room for you to experiment and grow with the company.
- An international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, Utrecht and more).
- 15 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Competitive salary & stock options.
- Extended health and dental benefits.
About App Annie
About us App Annie delivers the most trusted app market data and insights for your business to succeed in the global app economy. Over 900,000 registered members rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 450 employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as Sequoia Capital, Institutional Venture Partners, IDG Capital Partners, e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, and Greycroft Partners. Learn more at www.appannie.com. App Annie is an international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, Vancouver and more). We offer lots of responsibility in your role, and room for you to grow with the company. And beyond personal growth, you’ll help make a great impact on App Annie’s success as a whole. With regular exposure to C-level executives, VPs, and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs you’ll have the opportunity to learn a ton from experts in their fields.