App Annie delivers data and insights to succeed in the app economy.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
You will participate to the development that creates the world's #1 app stores analytics service.
Together with the team you will build out new product features and applications using agile methodologies and open source technologies.
You will work directly with Product Manager, Software Architects, Data Scientists, and will be on the front lines of coding new and exciting analytics and data mining products.
How will you be doing this?
- Design and implement complex product components based on requirements with possible technical solutions.
- Write data analysis and statistic program in Big Data ecosystem (Spark, Pig, Elasticsearch, Presto, Hive, Storm, etc) with a commitment to maintaining high quality work while being confident in dealing with data mining challenges.
- Get up to speed in the machine learning domain, implementing analysis components in a distributed computing environment with instruction from Data Scientists.
- Be comfortable conducting detailed discussions with Data Scientists regarding specific questions related to specific data models.
- Communicate well and clearly with teams oversea in both oral and written English.
- Becoming better at what you do every day.
What will you bring to the team?
- You are a proficient engineer with 5+ years Linux environment development experience
- Proficient experience in shell script and SQL.
- Proficient programming experience in Python; Pandas and Sklearn is a big plus.
- Experience and knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem and NoSql database (Must: Mapreduce, HDFS, Pig or Spark, Hive; Plus: Storm, Kafka, Elasticsearch).
- Background of data mining and machine learning domain, familiar with common algorithms and libs is a big plus.
- Passion for cloud computing and distributed systems.
- Good ability of communication.
- Good English spoken and written skills. You will need to be able to work with Western managers in a bilingual environment.
- Major in Math or Computer Science
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you are involved. You make it happen. Boom!
- You’re an app fanatic, positively curious and a technology enthusiast.
What are employees saying about App Annie?
“App Annie gives me a big imagination in mobile internet and my career development.”
“App Annie is like our home, we all feel comfortable and free to work here.”
What do we offer?
- Stock options and competitive compensation.
- All the tech tools you need to succeed
- Free breakfast & lunch, snacks, fruit, good coffee and other delicious treats to keep you well fed.
- 16 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Great social & labor insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze.
- Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
Why choose App Annie?
App Annie delivers the most trusted app data and insights for your business to succeed in the global app economy. Over 1,000,000 registered members rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 450 employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, Greycroft Partners, IDG Capital Partners, Institutional Venture Partners and Sequoia Capital. Learn more at www.appannie.com.
Yes, I want this job!
About App Annie
About us App Annie delivers the most trusted app market data and insights for your business to succeed in the global app economy. Over 900,000 registered members rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 450 employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as Sequoia Capital, Institutional Venture Partners, IDG Capital Partners, e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, and Greycroft Partners. Learn more at www.appannie.com. App Annie is an international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, Vancouver and more). We offer lots of responsibility in your role, and room for you to grow with the company. And beyond personal growth, you’ll help make a great impact on App Annie’s success as a whole. With regular exposure to C-level executives, VPs, and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs you’ll have the opportunity to learn a ton from experts in their fields.
Want to learn more about App Annie? Visit App Annie's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Full-stack
LimeBike, San Mateo, CA
Software Engineer - Monetization/Ads
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Pocket Gems, Core Games
Senior Technical Level Designer
PlayStation, San Diego, CA - Sorrento Valley
Senior Sales Engineer
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Logstash - Integrations Engineer