App Annie is looking for our next product leader...is that you? Take a look and see for yourself!
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
The Head of Product will be responsible for bringing energy, commitment and high-quality management to App Annie. This will require strong leadership as well as a roll-up-your sleeves, meticulous hands-on mentality with a strong sense of urgency. Coupled with a strong technical acumen, s/he must be able to simultaneously manage multiple products in a global environment. This individual must have a passion for creating elegant viral products that delight customers. The Head of Product seeks to have an intimate understanding of the value our products provide our customers, drives to improve that value everyday and aligns that product experience with our premium brand. The Head of Product will lead a team of 60 individuals comprised of product managers, designers, data acquisition engineers and 1st party data engineers. This individual will work closely with our international engineering teams as well as our global go-to-market organizations.
We at App Annie are the only company bringing together 1st party and 3rd party data capabilities together to go after one of the largest manual problems in the enterprise yet unsolved- how do you optimize on mobile and maximize CAC, LTV, ROAS and ROI? Brands and Publishers worldwide will trust us for this calculus and we will become mission critical. We will use data science to drive predictive and prescriptive solutions. We will be the FICO credit score for mobile performance. We will make history and we will do all of this with uncompromising style in terms of how we treat and value one another. App Annie serves a diverse mix of customers with 60% of revenue being international across all industry verticals.
How will you be doing this?
- Bring execution discipline and process improvement to the product organization, delivering roadmap on time
- Get deeper feedback from our clients, and drive clarity around what customers want and why (across a variety of segments), 20-25% of time in front of customers
- Enable the company to scale in terms of delivering products to market. Work well with engineering teams based remotely in Beijing, Vancouver and Utrecht, Netherlands
- Increase market opportunity through driving the roadmap, develop viral products and continuously improve product and data quality
- Ensure the organization has the product capacity to fulfill the broader vision while supporting near-term strategy and business priorities across the entire suite of App Annie’s products
- Utilize data science to provide advanced predictive and prescriptive capabilities and make the data come alive
- Drive and participate in “build vs. buy” decisions associated with acquisition opportunities
- Collaborate well with the existing executive team. Work cross-functionally with sales, marketing and engineering
- Manage and develop an org of 50+ and grow the organization as the company continues to ramp and execute and deliver on the existing product roadmap
The Head of Product will report directly to the CEO at App Annie. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
What will you bring to the team?
The ideal background includes the following elements:
- 15+ years of Product Management experience, specifically in SaaS/Cloud. Domain expertise in areas such as mobile, analytics, data, enterprise SaaS
- Proven experience managing a sophisticated B2B product suite across multiple segments (verticals + international)
- Knowledge of the latest UI/UX design will be crucial. Build and designed elegant viral products that delighted end users
- Demonstrated working ability to partner with Sales and Engineering to bring customer needs and requirements into product
- Proven experience building and leading world-class Product Management teams in innovative, modern software companies known for great product
- Combination of large and small company experience is ideal but the proven ability to scale in an entrepreneurial, rapid growth environment is a must
- Global experience and proven ability to work with international remote teams is a must
- Strong executive presence; highly influential both externally with customers and partners as well as at the senior management level within App Annie
- Graduate degree required, ideally in a technical field
Personal Attributes and Values
Coupled with one’s experience are the personal qualities which determine an individual’s ability to lead and be credible with internal and external audiences. Such qualities include:
- A pro-active, meticulous, hands-on passionate individual able to command respect of the entire organization through leadership, intelligence, creativity, hard work, detail orientation and presence
- Entrepreneurial, bold and comfortable with risks. Ability to be effective in a dynamic, fast paced environment with few resources and significant ambiguity
- Cross functional team player. Track record of building positive relationships with peers and others within a company
- Continuous and thoughtful listener & communicator; proven ability to gather and use customer/market input in improving existing programs and launching new initiatives
- Philosophical alignment on the importance of UX as a passion and someone inspired to match the product experience to the premium brand
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character; demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior
What do we offer?
- Stock options and competitive compensation
- Relevant tech tools
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, fruit, and coffee
- A beautiful office located in the heart of downtown SF within walking distance of the Montgomery BART station and other public transportation routes
- A 401K plan; Great health, dental and vision insurance packages; Yearly fitness stipend
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze
During the Covid-19 Pandemic we’ve adapted how we support our employees in a number of ways:
- Donut Dates - connecting you with someone else in your region once every 2 weeks so you can get to know each other
- WFH Equipment Allowance - To ensure you have the best set up in your home office
- Productivity Allowance - To keep your home office running
- Wellness Sessions - To keep everyone happy and healthy
- Virtual Happy Hours and Trivia to keep you connected with your colleagues
- Generous PTO that we encourage you to use for your wellbeing to go offline, recharge, and reflect
- You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
Why choose App Annie?
App Annie is the industry's most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. App Annie's mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. Founded in 2010, the company launched the first mobile market data solution. In 2019, App Annie acquired Libring, an advertising monetization and spend offering. Together, these solutions comprise the industry's most complete mobile performance platform. More than 1,100 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across all geographies and industries rely on App Annie to drive their mobile business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 350 employees across 12 offices worldwide. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as Sequoia Capital, Institutional Venture Partners, IDG Capital Partners, e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, and Greycroft Partners.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Yes, I want this job!
About App Annie
About us App Annie delivers the most trusted app market data and insights for your business to succeed in the global app economy. Over 900,000 registered members rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 450 employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as Sequoia Capital, Institutional Venture Partners, IDG Capital Partners, e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, and Greycroft Partners. Learn more at www.appannie.com. App Annie is an international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, Vancouver and more). We offer lots of responsibility in your role, and room for you to grow with the company. And beyond personal growth, you’ll help make a great impact on App Annie’s success as a whole. With regular exposure to C-level executives, VPs, and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs you’ll have the opportunity to learn a ton from experts in their fields.
Want to learn more about App Annie? Visit App Annie's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Jobs You May Like
Product Designer - User Voice