Senior Frontend Engineer (App Annie Ascend)
App Annie, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
See jobs at App Annie
As a Senior Frontend Engineer working on the App Annie Ascend team, you will be a key contributor toward product innovation. You will be part of a dedicated team being hired to build out a new product offering, with the ultimate goal of expanding App Annie’s addressable market.
What will you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
"I work in App Annie’s brand new Vancouver Office, which is focused entirely on bringing new products to market, and will be working on delivering an as-yet-unreleased paid product, helping to accelerate the growth of the company."
How will you do this?
- Use, improve and extend App Annie’s existing React-based UI component library
- Collaborate with Product owners and UI/UX designers to build beautiful and functional user interfaces
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Develop well-written, testable and performant code
Who are you?
- A technical innovator with experience developing product and design visions, and a focus on fantastic UX
- Excellent understanding of asynchronous request handling and promise-based programming
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Good understanding of SEO principles and how to ensure that applications adhere to them
What should you bring to the party?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years in software development with a focus on developing rich web applications
- Experience delivering high-quality code without relying on someone else to find bugs in it
Who are we?
App Annie is the largest app intelligence platform, delivering powerful market data and insights to succeed in the app economy. Over 500,000 mobile app professionals rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their app business and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 300+ employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has raised $157 million in funding from investors such as e.Ventures, Greycroft Partners, IDG Capital Partners, Institutional Venture Partners and Sequoia Capital. Learn more at https://www.appannie.com.
What do we offer?
- Lots of responsibility + room for you to experiment and grow with the company.
- An international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, Utrecht and more).
- 15 days of paid leave.
- Competitive salary, performance bonus, and stock options.
- Extended health and dental benefits.
- Gym membership subsidy.
During the Covid-19 Pandemic we’ve adapted how we support our employees in a number of ways:
- Donut Dates - connecting you with someone else in your region once every 2 weeks so you can get to know each other
- WFH Equipment Allowance - To ensure you have the best set up in your home office
- Productivity Allowance - To keep your home office running
- Wellness Sessions - To keep everyone happy and healthy
- Virtual Happy Hours and Trivia to keep you connected with your colleagues
- Generous PTO that we encourage you to use for your wellbeing to go offline, recharge, and reflect
- You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About App Annie
About us App Annie delivers the most trusted app market data and insights for your business to succeed in the global app economy. Over 900,000 registered members rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 450 employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as Sequoia Capital, Institutional Venture Partners, IDG Capital Partners, e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, and Greycroft Partners. Learn more at www.appannie.com. App Annie is an international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, Vancouver and more). We offer lots of responsibility in your role, and room for you to grow with the company. And beyond personal growth, you’ll help make a great impact on App Annie’s success as a whole. With regular exposure to C-level executives, VPs, and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs you’ll have the opportunity to learn a ton from experts in their fields.
Want to learn more about App Annie? Visit App Annie's website.
A monthly box of dog goodies