Director, People Operations -APAC
What will you be responsible for?
As Director, People your primary focus will be creating a world class employee experience at App Annie, and being a trusted advisor to the business. You’ll be a champion of culture and values, partnering with your global People Team and business leaders to strategize, solve challenges, and implement solutions. Reporting to the SVP, People based in our San Francisco headquarters office, the Director, People will provide strong people partnership with our Sales, Marketing & Engineering teams located in Singapore, Beijing, Tokyo, Shenzhen and Seoul.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
"I’m responsible for creating a world class employee experience at App Annie, and be a trusted advisor to the business in regards to people strategy"
How will you be doing this?
- Manage end-to-end People Operations for APAC region
- Lead, manage and grow your team (3 FTE), while fostering a collaborative, team-oriented work environment
- Partner with executives and managers to develop a culture of learning and continuous feedback by creating experiences that engage our team at all levels
- Build trust with employees across all layers of the organization and be an active listener and effective problem solver of people issues while aligning with expected business outcomes
- Utilize a data driven approach to identify trends and recommend proactive solutions for improving the employee experience
- Build out and execute the regional people operations strategy incorporating the global business and people strategy
- Take responsibility for a centre of excellence (e.g. recognition, performance management) and rollout and implement program globally (with help of peers in the regions)
- Partner with Recruiting team to ensure we are attracting top talent and have a streamlined onboarding process across multiple sites and teams
What should you bring to the party?
- You're smart and are able to prove it
- Independent self-starter, with the ability to effectively work collaboratively across disciplines, is essential
- 10+ years experience in People Operations role (including minimal of 5 years managing high performing team)
- Strong integrity, approachable, heart and deep willingness to understand our business
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong proficiency in English
- You are a natural coach and mentor who relates well with others, listens effectively and can build rapport with a diverse workforce
- Excellent project and program management skills with a proven ability to design and implement people strategy that drives business results
- Solid understanding of employment law in APAC region, compensation, benefits, organizational development, employee relations, and training
- Strong capability in change management in multiple scenarios such as M&A(Mergers and Acquisitions ), organization and leadership changes
What do we offer?
- Lots of responsibility + room for you to experiment and grow with the company.
- An international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (San Francisco, Beijing, Utrecht, London and more).
- 16 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Competitive salary & stock options.
- And finally, an office in the heart of the city, so there's plenty to do when you're not at work.
During the Covid-19 Pandemic we’ve adapted how we support our employees in a number of ways:
- Donut Dates - connecting you with someone else in your region once every 2 weeks so you can get to know each other
- WFH Equipment Allowance - To ensure you have the best set up in your home office
- Productivity Allowance - To keep your home office running
- Wellness Sessions - To keep everyone happy and healthy
- Virtual Happy Hours and Trivia to keep you connected with your colleagues
- Generous PTO that we encourage you to use for your wellbeing to go offline, recharge, and reflect
- You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
Why choose App Annie?
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. App Annie’s mission to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. The company created the mobile app data market and is committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
Yes, I want this job!
About App Annie
About us App Annie delivers the most trusted app market data and insights for your business to succeed in the global app economy. Over 900,000 registered members rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 450 employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as Sequoia Capital, Institutional Venture Partners, IDG Capital Partners, e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, and Greycroft Partners. Learn more at www.appannie.com. App Annie is an international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, Vancouver and more). We offer lots of responsibility in your role, and room for you to grow with the company. And beyond personal growth, you’ll help make a great impact on App Annie’s success as a whole. With regular exposure to C-level executives, VPs, and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs you’ll have the opportunity to learn a ton from experts in their fields.
Want to learn more about App Annie? Visit App Annie's website.
The best bed for better sleep